Need A Really Good Icing For Cookies..

Baking By cookinnut Updated 25 Aug 2005 , 4:45pm by Saborita

cookinnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinnut Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 11

Hopefully one that crusts pretty good. I've noticed alot of people use royal, wouldn't that taste blah and nasty?

10 replies
Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 11

I use royal on all of my cookies. I usually use vanilla flavoring, but have tried others. Everyone thinks it taste great.
Sherryb

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 11

I use Toba Garrett's glace icing and I love it! It has a slightly shiny finish when it dries and I think it taste's better than royal icing. I don't have the recipe with me (I'm at work) or I'd post it, but it's just 10X sugar, milk, corn syrup and flavoring. To use it for outlining, you just add a few more tablespoons of sugar.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinnut

Hopefully one that crusts pretty good. I've noticed alot of people use royal, wouldn't that taste blah and nasty?

I used Wilton's recipe. It dries nice, but not stiff hard. It is VERY tasty! If you don't know which one it is I can post it.

cookinnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinnut Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:47am
post #5 of 11

Maria, is it their one called poured cookie icing? :
1 c powd. sugar
2 tsp milk
2 tsp corn syrup

MariaLovesCakes Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinnut

Maria, is it their one called poured cookie icing? :
1 c powd. sugar
2 tsp milk
2 tsp corn syrup

Yes, it is. I used it a couple of times and was VERY pleased with it. Its only a couple of ingredients and it works really well.

The instruction say to thin it to fill in areas. I just use the whole thing nice and thick and pipe it into the cookies.

pbeckwith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbeckwith Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 11

I also use Toba Garret's recipes. My sister bought me her cake book and my husband bought me the cookie book - I absolutely love them and I use the same cookie icing and also her royal ice. I'm always looking at the pictures to get the scroll work just right.

Saborita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saborita Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 11

Some could tell me what is the corn syrup?

Is there a name comercial?

Today I use royal icing and of course i´d like to try others, but I don´t know that ingredient.

Thanks in advance

Saborita

MariaLovesCakes Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 1:38pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saborita

Some could tell me what is the corn syrup?

Is there a name comercial?

Today I use royal icing and of course i´d like to try others, but I don´t know that ingredient.

Thanks in advance

Saborita

Saborita: Corn syrup is made by "Karo" or it could also be made by the store they are being sold at. Or generic brand.

Here is a link to their products so you can learn more.

http://www.karosyrup.com/recipeDetails.asp?id=900

karent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karent Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 11

I actually use fondant on my cookies. In the past I always used Royal Icing, but did a "test" with fondant in my office and everyone like the fondant best.

I use the same cookie cutter to use the fondant and use piping gel as the glue. I do still use the royal icing to outline and decorate the fondant.

K.

Saborita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saborita Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 4:45pm
post #11 of 11

Thank you very much Maria¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

I´ll try the recipe...I never have make this icing beacuse I don´t knew this ingredient...well I know "Miel Karo" (name in spanish), but I didn´t know was the same. How silly...I must study english hardy icon_biggrin.gif

THANK YOU VERY MUCH¡¡¡¡¡

Saborita

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%