Storing Sam's But R Cream In Pastry Bags

Decorating By PartyCake Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 4:33pm by monkeny

PartyCake Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 10

How long can I store the frosting after I tint it in disposable pastry bags? Does it need to be refrigerated or if I don't use it by the end of the day should I just toss the pastry bags out? The large container of Sam's But R Cream lasts for months but it is sealed with a lid after each use. Does everyone divide the large containers, tint your frosting and store it that way or do you just tint the color as you need it?

9 replies
CakeJediChic Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:20am
post #2 of 10

I know this question is a bit off subject, but I hope you don't mind me asking. Ice seen a quite a few use the sans but r cream, and I love it when we've bought their cakes, could you tell me how mch it costs? Thanks!

PartyCake Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 10

I believe it was $32.00 for the large bucket.

georgia268 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 10

I have never seen it out anywhere. Do you just buy it at the bakery counter?

PartyCake Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, you have to ask for it. It comes in white and chocolate so you have to mix your own colors. Costco already has it mixed in colors but unfortunately they don't sell it to the public.

LadyG33 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 10

I use the Sams butter cream when I am to lazy to make my own.
You just go to the bakery and ask to but a bucket if they have enough they will sell it to you.

Now to the question. I have never stored it in bags but You would think if you used the tip covers it would stay fresh for a bit maybe a week or so. I would try it taste it before you use it and see.

monkeny Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 10

I live in Jackson, TN and they have the buckets stored under the pastry table section and If I remember correctly they had them tinted as well. I am going to today to pick a few things so I will look again.

CakeJediChic Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 10

Ya know i just realized i remember them being under the tables too! But never dawned on me they were for sale lol

Mensch Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:23pm
post #9 of 10

Oy.... But-R-Cream sounds like a hemorroid treatment, not like something one would want to eat!

monkeny Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Oy.... But-R-Cream sounds like a hemorroid treatment, not like something one would want to eat!

LOL! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%