White Cake Mix On Sale At Target

Decorating By polliwawg Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 8:39am by snocilla

polliwawg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polliwawg Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 15

Just thought I would pass it on for those that use cake mix..my local Target had white cake mix (Betty Crocker)for 53 cents!

14 replies
vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:12am
post #2 of 15

WHAT!! Get out of here.. I must make a trip to Targe' and make a small purchase or two... if the have it here in VA.

Thanks A Million$$$

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 15

WOO HOO!! Target here I come! Thanks for sharing.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 15

Good heavens! I hope that's a nation-wide sale!!!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 15

Wow, going there this aft. hopefully its still on today!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 4:06pm
post #6 of 15

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
Kammakakes, Ive heard only one other lady call it Targe'. We were on our honeymoon in Aruba and this other couple was there. This one lady was complaining that her husband had bought her ring at Targe'. I had no idea she was talking about Target and gave her a funny look until she explained. She was a riot! So the name stuck with me and I have to call it that now!!

vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 15

Oh yes.. at my Targe' they have a Starbucks in side - my LH calls it the "Hotty Totty" store. I am a Walmart girl, but occassionally I will rub elbows with the "other side" and get a starbucks and walk around Targe'...

LOL LOL LOL

Vicki

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:45pm
post #8 of 15

Well, I bought the last 3 boxes for .53 cents. Went to customer service and they wouldnt give a rain check, had no idea if any more in stock or when/if they'd get more in. She did check the computer and its not the sale price, supposedly thats the every day price

weirkd Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 3:29pm
post #9 of 15

lol, Yah, I use to be more of a targe' girl before I became a SAHM. Now I seem to only get to Wally world. Its actually closer for me to go to wally world. where I live at, I have to do some traveling just to go grocery shopping or regular shopping. the nearest mall is 35 minutes away. I grew up in CT and even though my parents lived in the burbs, we still only had to travel ten minutes to get to the nearest department store. Miss that but glad we are out in the quiet country. when we first moved here we lived in a town house that was along a major road. we would hear the subwoofers booming and the fire trucks going at all hours of the night. Really frustrating when your a light sleeper!!!
My hubby said that Targe's prices were really cheap. He had stopped there for something and couldnt believe how low their grocery prices were. we actually have a starbucks in ours as well.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 15

I just went to my Target, and they were sold out! Dern it!

weirkd Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 5:59pm
post #11 of 15

that sucks! I havent had a chance to go down there yet.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:17pm
post #12 of 15

now that is the cheapest i've seen cake mix sold for. i didn't think it would last...$.53 is pretty cheap! icon_lol.gif

megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:24pm
post #13 of 15

I just found white cake mix at Tops (tops brand) for $.70 each. I made it for co-workers and was a bit peeved that they loved it more that the recipe I made from scratch I found here.

I just tried some last night...I think it was because I wrapped it in plastic to keep it moist which I didn't do for the first...but still the easiest and cheapest effort to date!

weirkd Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 1:19am
post #14 of 15

Yah you cant even buy the sugar for that price! Your birthday is the day after mine Diane!!!

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 8:39am
post #15 of 15

Apparently, it's not at all Targets.... I went to one in Newport News at lunch time yesterday, and although they were $0.53, they were sold out. So after work, I stopped at the one in Hampton (about 10 minutes away from the Newport News store) and they were $1.22. Go figure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%