Buttercream/royal Icing Transfer

Decorating By 702CakeJunkie Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 1:33am by Kiki74

702CakeJunkie Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 5

I have seen many cakes with buttercream or royal icing transfers and just wondering how to do it? Thanks!

4 replies
Kiki74 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 5

I have watchedd this tutorial and I have a question. It may be a dumb one but, here goes! When you are filling in the design do you pipe it with a star tip or just fill in with a round tip? I used the round before and had trouble getting a smooth finish on the front.

crisseyann Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 5

I've always used a round tip. Smaller for the tight areas, larger for the bigger. I thin my icing a bit so it more or less "flows" into the area I need filled. HTH. icon_smile.gif

Kiki74 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:33am
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I'll try it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%