Zebra Print

Decorating By tweety1 Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 10:11pm by mrsmudrash

tweety1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweety1 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 7

I will be making my daughter's 7th B-day cake and she wants zebra print on one of the layers, but I have no clue how to do them... Please help me

6 replies
JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 7

Are you going to be working with buttercream or fondant?

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 7

I just thinly rolled my fondant out and cut them in odd pointed shapes (triangular) and put them on as I cut them this way I could get an idea of what sizes I needed. I saw a video on it somewhere. I can't find it now though! I will post it if I find it again.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 7

Here it is

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 7

Frost your cake with with Buttercream and roll out black fondant. use a pizza cutter and cut out stripes.. don't make them all the sam.. and have them come to a point or at an angle.. brush the back of each stripe with a small amount of water as you put it on the cake. (water is glue) just a small amount of water though or you will smudge black on your frosting.
You can cover your cake in fondant as well and cut the stripes with black fondant.. glue the same way.. It is a really fun cake to make! give it a try!!

tweety1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweety1 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you to everybody, I will try to do.

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 7

I just made a zebra shoe (see my pics) and painted them on with a mixture of black gel food color and a little vodka to thin it down to an acrylic type consistancy. Works beautifully! - if you're working with fondant!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%