My Family Still Needs Prayers

Lounge By paula1234 Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 2:44am by paula1234

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:35am
post #1 of 10

I really want to thank everyone again for keeping my family in your prayers when my 19 year old had a stroke. He has made an amazing recovery. A week later my 15 year old had to have biopies of his back, because his doctor was certain that he had melanoma. This would be his second cancer scare, the first was four years ago when the doctors were positive he had testicular cancer. On July 29th, his 16th birthday, he was declared cancer free. Then 4 days later, I woke up with a small, but extremely painful lump in my right breast. Didn't think too much about it until the next morning it was 3 times the size. Called my doctor, which is always swamped, couldn't fit me in, told me if it was an emergency to go to the ER. Finally, I could not take the pain any more, not to mention, that my whole right breast was 2 times bigger than the left and hard. My 19 year old and I trotted off the ER and the doctor told me that I had an abscess, don't know how it happens, it just does, he says, the next thing I know, I am shot full of morphine and find myself on the way to surgery. I actually get to go home afterward, but still am having to return for packing changes. My incision is left open. The next night I go back to have the packing changed and find out that I have a staph infection, luckily it is not mrsa. So the doctor loads me up on antibiotics and starts me on two different ones by mouth. By Monday, my mouth is so sore, so i figure that th at the antibiotics have wiped my normal bacteria out. I follow all directions taking the medications, haven't missed a dose, had to make another run for the emergency room. Can't swallow, can't eat. or drink, within a week, iI have lost 22 pounds, believe me, I could lose a lot more but not this way. The doctor has to take me off the antibiotics because I have severe esophagitis. He tells me that it is like I have been drinking a corrosive substance. He gave me this medicine that I have to squirt down my throat to numb it just so that I can swallow. Most every one knows that my dad lives with me and he has dementia. He has been so worried about me. Well, Tuesday night he just was acting like his normal self, he went to bed and Wednesday morning came, went to take him his breakfast and couldn't get him up. He told me he wanted to sleep in. Gave him another hour, my boys had to help him out of bed. I told them that something wasn't right, I was getting ready to go back to the ER and I told them to help me get him to the truck and he could go with me. Before we could get him to the truck, he had a seizure. He hasn't had one in almost a year. So now he is in the hospital. He will have to stay for another couple of days and then go to rehab for a couple of weeks. On a good note all of our dogs are healthy. We found out that our little Rolo, a black and tan miniature dachshund will not have to have a wheelchair, the vet thinks that it is a fluke that he runs on 3 legs and is definitely not a back injury. Some of my cake decorator friends are happy, because I am giving them my cake orders until I am completely healed Once again, thanks for all the prayers and thoughts.

9 replies
Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:54am
post #2 of 10

What a rotten time you and your family are having.

I'll be thinking of you. I hope things get better soon.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 9:41am
post #3 of 10

When it rains, it pours.

I'm thinking of you.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 10

Mensch took the word right out of my mouth!

I pray there will be brighter days ahead for you and your family.

LambrinieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LambrinieCakes Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 10

You must be a very strong person to keep going through each day with all this adversity. I pray that you are at the end, and better days are to come. My prayers are with you.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 10

My goodness! God must feel you need these problems to be able to help someone else out in the future.
Prayers for you and your family.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 10

prayers are with you.

tho' I just gotta ask....

Is it time for a new doctor? (2x misdiagnosis on cancer and a prescription that works like acid?)

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 10

I can't imagine having to deal with half of those issues. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hoping for a quick recovery for everyone.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 10:50pm
post #9 of 10

WOW!! You all sure have had your hands full!! Will be praying for you and your family!!

PS Doug might be onto something there!

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:44am
post #10 of 10

I want to thank everyone for "listening". With my 16 year old I did change doctors, that is how we found out that he had a testicle that was not descended. It had been present since birth. The pediatric urologist told us that the way it felt and considering how long it had been that way, it was 99% it would be cancer. I've never seen a doctor so happy that he was wrong. The reason that the dermatologist thought that he had melanoma was because of his moles on his back were very dark and irregular. His Dad took him out in the sun when he was 3 and let him get severly burned, he had to go to the ER and be treated for 2nd and 3rd degree burns. His dad is now deceased ( committed suicide, long story, we are glad that he didn't take us with him, according to his letter, he was coming after us). My father is still not doing well, today, he has a very sore throat and unable to swallow, the speech therapist is working with him. Ya, know, looking back over this I probably should right a book. I have to laugh or I will be crying all the time. once again, thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%