Fondant Needs To Be More Elastic, Supplier For Cmc Powder???

Baking By cib Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 2:42pm by PinkZiab

cib Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 4

Can anyone shoot me a tried and true fondant recipe? I'm not talking MMF, but a regular fondant. I've tried a few recipes that all taste wonderful but when I roll them out, they either tear or split at the top edge. They simply are not elastic enough. A cake decorator friend of mine who lives overseas says to add cmc powder. I added tylose thinking it was the same, but she says no they are different. I can't find a supplier who sells the stuff. Please help. TIA

3 replies
Malakin Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 4

There are plenty of suppliers who sell carboxymethyl cellulose but most of them are in the UK.
It is a cellulose that does make it more elastic but it should be equivalent to the american standard of glycering mixed with gelatin.
Have you tried Michelle Foster's fondant recipe on this website? It contains these two ingredients, tastes good for fondant, and is very elastic if kneaded properly.

Uniqueask Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 4

Yes I have tried Michelle Foster's Fondant, For the first time and I swore I would never make fondant, But now I may never purchase Fondant again, and it is so effective, you should try it, take it from a first timer

Here,s the recipe

PinkZiab Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 4

That's where I get my CMC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%