Arrrg!! I Think I Reeeaaalllyyy Screwed It Up!

Decorating By scoutmamma Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 6:30pm by ptanyer

scoutmamma Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 12:11am
post #1 of 4

i was making a 7 egg pound cake... and i read more than one recipe before i made it, and added 2 sticks of butter, when the recipe didnt call for any and ALMOST forgot the sugar all together! This is why you shouldnt bake before you go to bed, or at least I shouldnt... do you think this will ruin it? Did i mention it had crisco in it too??? I had to make 2 pans full instead of my normal one. sheez, this just gets better and better doesnt it?

Opinions welcomed!

3 replies
Doug Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 12:13am
post #2 of 4

well, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone watching their cholesterol! icon_rolleyes.gif

----

will probably be overly "moist" and not as dense as normal, but doubt it's a total loss

scoutmamma Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 4

actually, not bad. was for the family anyway... really dense, but tasty!

ptanyer Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 4

I have a pound cake recipe that uses 5 eggs, 2 sticks of butter, crisco, and of course the standard sugar and flour, etc. It is an old family favorite and it heavy and dense. We love it!

Your recipe doesn't sound too unusual. When I am baking I make it a practice to get all my ingredients out and measure and have everything ready to go before I start the mixing. That way if I get interrupted during the process, I know what I have put in and what is still waiting. Takes a few minutes but has saved me from many mistakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%