Can't Stand The Wait!!!!

Lounge By auntmamie Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 3:41pm by LaBellaFlor

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 13

Today, I spent car shopping. I had gone on Thursday night, and the car I wanted had just sold. But, they let me get in and look around. I fell in LOVE. It's a Scion XB. So, today, I went back to the dealer around 11am to test drive the Scion XD so I could get a feel for the car, even though it isn't the same one. They were so busy that I didn't even get to see the salesman until 12:15pm. I loved the test drive, so the salesman was able to find me the exact car I want "somewhere in New England." It's all white, manual, and has a great "base" package, including a/c and power everything.

Well, I applied for financing. I was told I would have an answer probably within one hour, but definitely by the end of the day. Well, I just got a call from the salesman. The finance agency is so bogged down with all the cash for clunkers trades that they haven't gotten to my application yet. I have to wait until Monday for an answer!!!!! Can I wait that long???? The wait is killing me!!!!! I just want the car!!!!!!!!
I don't have the best credit history (ex husband ruined it), but have brought up my score 250 points in the past three years, with zero late payments, so I'm praying, and praying, and praying......and the payment is well within the recommended income guidelines (15% of gross pay, max)

Thanks for letting me rant.......

12 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 13

I'm praying with you and my fingers are crossed icon_wink.gif

Molly thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 13

Hope you get the news you want tomorrow. One day down, one to go.....

auntmamie Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Quote:

="xstitcher"]One day down, one to go.....

You're so right. And, today's sermon was about turning away material possessions.

BTW - I just reread my original post, and realized that I forgot to say, my current car is dying. There is a transmission problem, the warranty expired last month, it's five years old, and will cost about $3k to fix. It's better financially to go for a new car. But, I need one soon. My car won't make it through the week probably. So, I'm not just looking for a new car to have a new car - it's a need at this point.

Thanks for the support!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 13

I hope it goes through for you! We have a 1995 grand am that is pretty much falling apart. let's say we bought it coming up on three years ago for 750.00. That should tell you something. We also have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer that is still warrantied until 2011. Our grand am does not qualify for cash for clunkers, but our trailblazer does. Isn't that the way it always goes?

xstitcher Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 13

How'd it go?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:05am
post #7 of 13

Ahhh, I used to work finance for my company--we made credit decisions on applicants all day long.

Monday? A week? I would not wait myself.

Those cars available from any other dealers the gov't hasn't shut down yet?

I'd so go find someone else to buy that car from. I'm hopping mad for you.

See you'll still be there waiting Monday--the cash for clunkers might go belly up in the meantime so they gotta make hay while the sun shines.

I'd be so mad if I was you.

A WEEK??? Are you kidding me?????

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #8 of 13

Ok wait--I just checked the dates--you mean from Saturday to today oh that's different. Still but anyway--not near as bad.

icon_redface.gif

auntmamie Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:18am
post #9 of 13

I got it!!!!!

I pick up my new Scion Xb on Friday at noon - with 100% qualified financing, at a great interest rate. I guess these three years (since the divorce) of having perfect payment histories on all of my debts worked!

Oh, and this car is made for cakes! It's a station wagon/crossover suv/small suv, and the back is flat and big. Perfect for cakes! Which is, of course, why I chose it. icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:32am
post #10 of 13

Fantastic news, congrats!

It was well worth the wait eh????icon_biggrin.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 4:02am
post #11 of 13

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I"M SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Molly thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

lvbakingmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvbakingmom Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:53am
post #12 of 13

Congratulations on the new car!!! New cars are always so much fun.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 3:41pm
post #13 of 13

I'm So happy for you! Congratulation!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%