Wedding Cake For 150

Business By carpet Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 4:37pm by FromScratch

carpet Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everybody ! I need to make acake for 150 .What size cake pans do i need? When do i start bakeing ? I practice on a stack cake i use bubble tea straws but when i lift the top cake off the frosting on the botton cake stuck to the board. What did i do wrong? Do i pull out the dowl rod out befor i cut the cake? I"m sorry about all the questions. thank you

4 replies
Spuddysmom Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 5

Not being sarcastic, just want to be sure that you are serious. I can't tell how much experience you have had in decorating - this may or may not be much more involved than you realize. There are lots of good articles on this site, also do some searches for serving sizes, etc. which will help you to determine the size pans you need. When is the wedding?

minicuppie Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 5

I agree...instead of asking questions as the problem comes up, maybe you should either get some beginner books and start reading like crazy or take a few Wilton courses at your local Hobby Lobby or Michael's store. You wouldn't believe the amt of things you don't know until you know them.

__Jamie__ Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 5

For 150, a cool way to do it, if you're up to it, is like the Peacokck swirls cake I did awhile back. 6, 8, 10 main stack and two floating 10s on the side. There's your 150 and makes a bigger statement.

FromScratch Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 5

Place a circle of parchment paper between the top of the cake and the tier above it. This will make the frosting not peel off the top of the cake when you separate the tiers for serving.

Here is the wilton serving charts http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm it's very basic though. For 150 I'd do a 5-8-11-14 round. the 5" is 8 servings the 8" is 24, the 11" is 40 and the 14" is 78 that's 150 servings. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%