Twin Monkeys

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to do birthday cakes for twin boys....monkey see and monkey do...I willl need two six inch cakes and one 11 x 15...any ideas you brilliant helpers out there? thanks.

7 replies
SugarFiend Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 8

Hi! I'm usually a lurker, but twin boys are near and dear to my heart - have a nearly 2-year-old pair of my own (as well as a 5-year-old boy, too).

I don't know how you are on doing figures, but one idea came to my mind. For the 11X15, two monkeys doing the same thing on either side of a mirror frame - like each looking into the mirror, seeing the other. Then the 6" cakes could be similar monkey images but opposite.

Hope this gives you a start!

LittleLinda Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 8

Do a google image search for monkey to get a cute design. Print it out and flip the image so you have two doing the same thing in mirror image as SugarFriend said. I am assuming that each of the small cakes are for the individual boys and the sheetcake is for the party guests. I would definitely write monkey see on one cake and monkey do on the other; but write the whole phrase on the sheetcake. A picture I'm conjuring up is a cute monkey swinging by the tail holding a banana.

SugarFriend, welcome to your first post.

CandyLady Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 8

what a cute idea! I will look into that one. Thanks for your help. Pat

beachcakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 11:33am
post #5 of 8

I just uploaded a monkey cake. Can you mold monkeys out of fondant, one for each 6" cake, so each twin gets their own? Each could be customized to their hobbies? Then the sheet could be decorated in jungle theme.

CandyLady Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 11:47am
post #6 of 8

well I have never molded anything from fondant...not sure if that would be you have a picture? Thanks for your help.

CandyLady Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm
post #8 of 8

too cute...thanks bunch!

Quote by @%username% on %date%