Where Do You Get Your Supplies?

Business By newbaker1357 Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 10:08pm by foodguy

newbaker1357 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 10

I was wondering where everyone gets their supplies? Do you use online suppliers?

9 replies
xstitcher Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 10

Almost all of my supplies came from on-line (minus the ones I purchased from Michaels when I first started and was doing the Wilton courses). I'm to have moved to Houston because they actually have brick and mortar stores. I haven't got a chance to visit but I plan to do so this week. icon_smile.gif

Amymnn Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 10

Into the oven
Decopac
Global Sugar Art
Michael's
Hobby Lobby
Joann's
Dollar Stores

DefyGravity Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 10

There is a lady in town who has a cake supply shop. She has a TON of stuff and is really knowledgable, so I always end up talking to her for like 20 minutes about my next project. I like to keep my business local.

I will go to Joann, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's when I have a coupon to use, since I'm a hobbiest and a cheapo, lol

DebBTX Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 10

Global Sugar Art
Cakedeco.com
Cakes by Sam
A cake supply business in a neighboring city
Michael's
Hobby Lobby
Kitchen Krafts

-Debbie B.

veronica720 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 10

I have also wondered this many times, I haven't been able to find many local places. So will have to be online.

Just make sure you check the prices and the shipping costs, some places charge alot more for shipping.

xstitcher Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 11:21pm
post #7 of 10

Besides sites already listed you can also try:
http://cooksdream.com/
and
fondant source (aka jesters) - if you enter "cakecentral" in the coupon code area you should get 10% off your total.

newbaker1357 Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:05pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everybody. I can't wait to look at these sites.

indydebi Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 9:34pm
post #9 of 10

Like DefyGravity, I'm blessed to have a great supply store in town. The owner is my go-to person with my cake questions and issues and she has EVERYTHING! If I want to buy in bulk, she'll order it for me and I can pick up at my convenience (rather than having to make sure I'm at the shop for a truck delivery.) She's awesome!

foodguy Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 10:08pm
post #10 of 10

My favorite online supplier is Baker's Nook-www.shopbakersnook.com-their policy is if you order before 2:00 pm the package is shipped that day. They are in Michegan-I'm in NY. If I order on Monday my package is here on Wednesday morning. Another thing that I really appreciate is that you know exactly when you order if the item is in stock or not-no surprises. They are expanding and adding new items all the time....also have an incentive program-after spending a certain amount you get $10 off an order. Very fair shipping and extremely conscientious folks to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%