Brush Embroidery Pattern???

Decorating By cakewalkky Updated 11 Aug 2009 , 12:28pm by drakegore

cakewalkky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewalkky Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 9

Any good sites for brush embroidery patterns????

8 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 9

I'm watching this with you , glad that you asked. I've been wanting to try this but don't know where to start.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 9

The only pattern I have is the one from Toba Garrett's book. However, when I need to do brush embroidery, I just look on the internet for embroidery patterns or in craft stores at embroidery books. A lot of times, I end up creating my own designs by using cookie cutters, etc.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 9

The way I learn it from the Wilton Class, is you make the required design on your fondant cakes, with buttercream then use a small brush to pull the buttercream for example a flower

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:29am
post #5 of 9

I use my cutters to imprint the design.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:41am
post #6 of 9

I'll also try, i like doing it my teacher said she only does it for special people, on buttercream, take one of your flower cutters just as a line to follow, pipe a thick outline, i made my self a brush, i bought a set that were really stiff so i kind of cut into the brissels to make them uneven, you use i think almond extract or clear dip your brush in it you'll know when you need more , and start at your line and pull twards the middle of the flower not all at once it will take a few pulls for each one depends on how much you want, i've added a darker color, like pink and a darker pink and blend after i finish the flower. hope this kinda makes sense

cakewalkky Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 11:20pm
post #7 of 9

Yeah! I know how to do it. I just need floral patterns. I use rubber stamps to lightly imprint especially scroll designs but just need some design for florals.

cakewalkky Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:38am
post #8 of 9

Hey again, I did look up the design in Toba Garrett's book. I think that one will work nicely!! thanks for the info.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:28pm
post #9 of 9

i love toba icon_smile.gif.

peggy porschen uses the patchwork cutters to emboss a pattern onto a cake for her brush embroidery cakes. i just bought a set to give it a try.

diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%