3 Year Olds Birthday Cake...combining Themes

Decorating By MomToJazmyne Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 3:54am by MomToJazmyne

MomToJazmyne Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter will be three next weekend and wants a princess and Thomas the Tank Engine cake but I have NO idea on how to combine the two. I have both the Thomas cake pan and the castle cake pan but do not need that much cake as we are only having about 10 people for the party.

4 replies
mbelgard Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 5

Could you do the Thomas cake and make a cookie car to go behind? Then you could put some princesses on the car. Or just do Thomas and buy a couple princess toys and set them around the cake.

BCJean Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 5

You could make a sheet cake and have a train track on it with Thomas the Tank, then you could put a 6 inch cake in an upper corner and make it the princess part and decorate it like the princess castle. I made a cake and made the castle from cookies. I made the back part of the castle from one cookie and then cut separate cookies for the two towers and placed them slightly in front of the other cookie so the castle had dimension.
You could make the cake look like Thomas the Tank was making a trip to the castle.

Doug Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 5

thomas pulling the princess carriage?

MomToJazmyne Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #5 of 5

I love both those ideas and they sound great! Thanks for lending your head when mine just could not come up with something that combined the two.

Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%