Ideas To Incorporate A Poem

Decorating By jonahsmom Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 1:31pm by Doug

jonahsmom Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 2

Okay, so my son's wonderful kindergarten teacher that stood by us all year when other teachers might have given up is going through a rough patch right now with her own family.

They are a great, great family. Married forever, three kids, a dog....and the kids volunteer at the school and the oldest one (with the current issues - likely bipolar) loves elderly people. You can tell they all just really care about others. They're out of town for the weekend, but I want to take a cake over to them Monday. I think right now they're having a hard time seeing what a great family they are, even though it is very plain to everyone else.

I searched on the internet for a family unity type poem or quote and couldn't think of anything. This morning I woke up with this poem in my head:

Theres no mountain too high
For a family like yours
When youre weary youll be carried
Like a child on dads shoulders.

The weariest one held up high
With the sun on his face
Theyll be a time for each one
To be carried in anothers embrace.

Hold especially tight to each other
During times of doubt
Youll be amazed that, with family,
All things will work out.

I would like to use this somehow on the cake, but I'm at a loss for super creative ideas. My husband wants me to print it out all fancy and laminate it so they can have it when they need to remember it. That's okay, but I was wondering if any of you had any other creative ideas to use it?

1 reply
Doug Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 2

road of life cake, then each line on a little sign ala the Burma Shave signs of long ago?

poem itself has strong image of family climbing a mountain, with at least one child on a parents shoulder.

poem could be on a gumpaste plaque

Quote by @%username% on %date%