How A Thank You Note Can Make All The Difference

Decorating By DisneyDreamer Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 5:54am by mannjc

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 5:36am
post #1 of 2

let me start off this with a little back story i did a cake for a wedding in march for free with the understanding i would get my dummies back never got them or a thank you. to be honest that was a blow to the heart i did it with the right mind set just to be slapped in the face.

so i did a cake over the weekend for a friend of my moms ( side note I'm in love with her son hints the motivation for the cake to show up his gf) don't get me wrong i did the cake because i really like this lady she had just moved into a new house after 24 years. she said no gift but i wanted to surprise her and let me tell you the second i walked in the door people saw the cake and fallowed me to find the kitchen they went krazy over it. to me that was the best feeling. i would hear people walk by talking about it and dragging people to the kitchen to see it. all night people came to talk to me about it icon_biggrin.gif then today my mom hands me a box with my cake boards, dowels and a thank you note that was just so sweet i did bring a tear to my eye icon_cry.gif (the board and dowels could of been thrown away so i thought it was sweet she thought to give them back) that one little act of kindness from her made up for all the unappreciated cakes I've ever done! it made me so happy just had to share!

the cake is under my photos its the toaster

1 reply
mannjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mannjc Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 5:54am
post #2 of 2

it seems like these things always come unexpected and are so much more appreciated that way icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%