Where Can I Buy Glycerin??????

Decorating By Ruth0304 Updated 14 Aug 2012 , 10:25pm by BlakesCakes

Ruth0304 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 16

Thanks, Ruth icon_confused.gif

15 replies
dolcebaci Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 16

Wilton makes some..so you can try Micheals, Joanne, Hobby Lobby or most cake decorating shops offer it also.

CakeJediChic Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 16

Hi! I've actually seen it nearly everywhere with cake decorating supplies. It should becwith the clear vanilla/butter flavoring and such. It us at walmart, Joanns fabrics and hobby lobby for sure

Christina222 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 16

I just bought two 6 oz. bottles at CVS for $4.99 each. It's the same stuff only in bigger containers and cheaper =)

CakeJediChic Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 16

Lol I was going to mention, my husband makes wine and beer and uses glycerin and it's also like 4 bucks for a big bottle. So he laughed when it was about the same for the small one lol

chilz822 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:44am
post #6 of 16

I buy it at Country Kitchen online, MUCH cheaper than the stores and bigger quantity

Ruth0304 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:53am
post #7 of 16

Thanks so much guys, I had no idea where to get I went to walmart and I was looking in the baking area but I could not find it.

I will try CVS since it's a smaller If I can't find it I will try asking and employee and hopefully they can find it for me.

Know is it simply called glycerin or vegatable glycerin?? icon_confused.gif

Christina222 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:55am
post #8 of 16

The one I got is called "Pure Glycerin". It was in the hand and lotion area. They sell it to be used as a hand lotion, but it's the exact same stuff. I've also seen it in the first aid section. Good luck!

Ruth0304 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:05am
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina222

The one I got is called "Pure Glycerin". It was in the hand and lotion area. They sell it to be used as a hand lotion, but it's the exact same stuff. I've also seen it in the first aid section. Good luck!

Thanks soooooo much ,now I don't have to go crazy looking for it. I must admit I was still a bit confused, you just cleared it up for me icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakeJediChic Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:30am
post #10 of 16

oh also! i think its about $2 at hobby lobby and joanns, but there is currently a coupon online for hobby lobby for 40% off any one item! so almost half price isnt bad. i got some gumpaste flower stuff for 12 from almost 20! lemme know if youd like a link to the coupon

mannjc Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:43am
post #11 of 16

i had the same question! I got mine at whole foods in the health and body department but it IS [/b] food grade. Sunflower market also sold food grade. When I called my walgreens they said they sold it but said external use only so just be sure to read the label icon_smile.gifHTH

Ruth0304 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:42am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeJediChic

oh also! i think its about $2 at hobby lobby and joanns, but there is currently a coupon online for hobby lobby for 40% off any one item! so almost half price isnt bad. i got some gumpaste flower stuff for 12 from almost 20! lemme know if youd like a link to the coupon

Thanks, very nice of you, unfortunetly I don't have a hobby lobby near by icon_sad.gif

CakeJediChic Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:50am
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0304

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeJediChic

Thanks, very nice of you, unfortunetly I don't have a hobby lobby near by icon_sad.gif

I beleive in the lobby someone posted a 50% off coupon for michaels? Joanns has some instore flyers with 40% coupons on them, i beleive they run through the 13th

DmdJoe Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 12:57am
post #14 of 16

You can buy glycerin online. Make sure it is usp grade www.foodgradevegetableglycerin.com. It is really important to purchaae usp packaged glycerin for any food application.

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 3:08am
post #15 of 16

USP ("United States Pharmacopiia") or CP ("chemically pure") grade. You definitely don't want, say, "Technical."

BlakesCakes Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 10:25pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina222

I just bought two 6 oz. bottles at CVS for $4.99 each. It's the same stuff only in bigger containers and cheaper =)

Best to check the labels to make sure that it's FOOD GRADE. If not, it's not to be consumed icon_eek.gif

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%