Help! Fondant Issue And Cake Needs To Be Delivered Soon...

Decorating By girlinthekitchen Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 10:31pm by girlinthekitchen

girlinthekitchen Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 3

I made a 8 inch double layer filled with BC. Fondant all around cake. I did this last night. Cake is to be delivered in a few hours and I just went to look at it and a side of fondant is bulging but it feels like it has peeled from the BC and there is a big air bubble. I live in TX and it is hot hot hot today and I am wondering if I should put this in the fridge? I am taking it to my friend in a few hours but she will be transporting it tomorrow for the bday party. I just don't know how the BC is going to hold up. Is there anything I can do to keep the fondant in place? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
Cake_Princess Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinthekitchen

I made a 8 inch double layer filled with BC. Fondant all around cake. I did this last night. Cake is to be delivered in a few hours and I just went to look at it and a side of fondant is bulging but it feels like it has peeled from the BC and there is a big air bubble. I live in TX and it is hot hot hot today and I am wondering if I should put this in the fridge? I am taking it to my friend in a few hours but she will be transporting it tomorrow for the bday party. I just don't know how the BC is going to hold up. Is there anything I can do to keep the fondant in place? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you may have over filled it if it's bulging plus the heat is making it less stable. If you have room in The fridge I would recommend popping it in to try to firm up the buttercream underneath.

girlinthekitchen Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 3

I do love my buttercream. icon_biggrin.gif I was thinking about the fridge but will the fondant be ok? I would hate to have it "sweat" once she takes it to the party tomorrow. I guess it would be better than it bulging out. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%