Edible Image Help

Decorating By Ren29 Updated 12 Aug 2009 , 2:20am by tiggy2

Ren29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren29 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 11

hello fellow cc'ers ...i need to ask for some help again .....how do you attach a edible image to fondant .......it says to peel and stick but that obviously is not the case icon_sad.gif .......can i use water ? or royal ?
any feedback would be much appriciated icon_biggrin.gif
thanks ren

10 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 11

I would use shortening or piping gel (small amount). If you get water on the EI the colors will run.

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 11

I use piping gel

Ren29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren29 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 11

thanks icon_biggrin.gif .....water ..duh i just had a moment...thanks again

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:29pm
post #5 of 11

I take a damp paper towel and just rub it along the fondant (dampened with water). It works great, but just a thin wipe...it will make the fondant sticky.

Jen icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks Jen, I'll try that. I have two to do this weekend.

PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 11

Totally agree, and just finished posting another thread on this in a different area, for me light mist of water or a very thin layer using a paper towel is the best method for me. Best of luck tiggyicon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 11

I rubbed the fondant with a damp paper towel and it worked beautifully! Thanks again Jen.

antoinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antoinette Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:10am
post #9 of 11

Hi! Hope someone can help me. I am just starting to get orders that I am actually getting paid for. Can't believe it! Here's my problem - need to do edible images - the one's with peoples pictures on them. Searched the internet and here's what I found: One website (Walkers Online Sales) recommends epson and canon printers. They're ink seems a little pricey. Best Buy has a realy good deal on a top of the line Epson. Then I found Tasty Foto Art. They only recommend Canon and thier ink seems more reasonable. Their feedback seems really good. They mention something about microchips for the ink tanks. They say you need them. Can anyone tell me what you use for your edible images. You have to buy the edible ink from these two places according to them. Is there anywhere else to buy edible ink that's not so expensive? I'm assuming that the regular ink is not edible?? Really need to do this asap but can"t waste alot of money. Can anyone help??

pamperedcheftiffany1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamperedcheftiffany1 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 10:54pm
post #10 of 11

FYI Your local wally world will print edible images for $5 each up to 8.5x10

Just make sure the color quality on your image is good before going to wally world because it prints the colors you give them just slightly lighter.

tiggy2 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:20am
post #11 of 11

I have an epson printer I bought new on ebay. I also bought refillable cartridges that don't require a chip resetter on ebay and I buy the refill ink from kopykake. Much cheaper then buying the cartridges already filled.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%