Cake Balls Can You Ship Them?

Decorating By BakerInHeels Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 9:15pm by BakerInHeels

BakerInHeels Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All

I wanted to send my cousin some cake balls (she's in the army) and I wanted to know can you ship them, or do you recommend shipping them?? If so how would I go about shipping them? Thanks all!

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 4

they ship fine, I put them in pie boxes becaus they're only about 1 to 1-1/2 inches tall so one layer of cake balls fits perfectly........anyhow I put a layer of foam or packing peanuts under the box and on top of the box and then shove some down in the sides between the pie box and my shipping box making sure to pack it tight enough the box doesn't move around much but not sooo tight that if you push on the outside of the packing box that it's so tight the peanuts will squash the pie box.......hope that makes sense?? Anyhow, depending on where you're shipping you may want to throw in a few ice packs.

brincess_b Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 4

i think it would go better than trying to ship cakes!
pretty small, chocolate (presumably what they are covered in) is prety sturdy. i think id go for packaging peanuts...maybe each wraped withing bubble wrap? then bagged together, surrounded by packaging? at least then if they get mushed, the crumbs are contained, and id still eat them!
xx

BakerInHeels Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your responses, it all makes sense to me now! Thank you so very much icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%