Besides Cake Decorating----

Lounge By quilting2011 Updated 21 Aug 2009 , 1:14am by diane

quilting2011 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 36

What do you like to do beside cake decorating.

I started a quilting class at my local park and rec.

35 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 36

Cooking, music/singing, reading - especially blogs lately, sewing, embroidery and crochet, collecting online recipes. I had taken a class in Chinese water painting, but got too busy to keep up with it afterward.

Theresa icon_smile.gif [/i]

-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 36

I spend a lot of time avoiding housework.

Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 36

I like to sleep in my bed. I love to paint and collect shoes.

Uniqueask Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis_GSA

I spend a lot of time avoiding housework.

Me Too I have three kids and I always tell them it is their turn

BakerInHeels Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 36

I love to shop, mainly for shoes hence my username lol!

Rosie2 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 36

Good question!!! icon_biggrin.gif
Aside from my full time job I LOVE to clean icon_smile.gif...my house is not spotless though as I would like to icon_cry.gif because my daughter, her boyfriend and my grandson still live with me. Although, they're moving out soon so, I'm already planning all the changes and mini-remodeling I'm gonna do icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif one bedroom will be strictly dedicated for my 'baking stuf' icon_biggrin.gif and books --I love to read too--

BTW, I love shoes and purses too but my closet is not big enough icon_cry.gif

Next!! LOL, LOL

Cheyanne25 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Aside from my full time job I LOVE to clean icon_smile.gif...my house is not spotless though as I would like to icon_cry.gif because my daughter, her boyfriend and my grandson still live with me. Although, they're moving out soon so, I'm already planning all the changes and mini-remodeling I'm gonna do icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif one bedroom will be strictly dedicated for my 'baking stuf' icon_biggrin.gif and books --I love to read too--

Next!! LOL, LOL

Rosie2 feel free to come over and clean my house ANYTIME!

What do I do besides cake DECORATING? Visit Cake Central, laugh at Cake Wrecks, use google and a spring board for random cake hunts, create page long wishlists of cake tools I'd like.... lol

Besides caking in general I love to garden, both flowers and food. I have a vase full of gorgeous snow white lilies that I just cut from the garden, they smell so pretty!

I'm also a fan of the savory kitchen, I just graduated from Chef school and my hubby-to-be insists I stop making cakes every now and then and keep those cooking skills honed.

diane Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 10:17pm
post #9 of 36

i like to do various crafts, like painting, flower arranging, etc. icon_lol.gif

poohsmomma Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm
post #10 of 36

I love to go hiking in the woods or mountains.

Kellbella Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:22am
post #11 of 36

Besides decorating cakes, I like to eat them, hee hee icon_biggrin.gif

diane Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:38am
post #12 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Next!! LOL, LOL

i too love to have a clean house, but with three teenagers, it's impossible. my son is leaving for the navy, and my daughter is going to college.
i know how you feel. can't wait to have an extra room for all the cake stuff!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Lita829 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:04am
post #13 of 36

I like to read, surf the net, listen to music of all genres, prepare and deliver speeches for my Toastmasters Club, and cook (which I like to do as much as baking and decorating). I also like working out to relieve stress and clear my head. I am not going to say that I LIKE to clean but I can't stand a nasty house so I also clean the house.

Edited to add: I also like taking care of my tea-cup Yorkie, Muffin.

diane Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:08am
post #14 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita829

I like to read, surf the net, listen to music of all genres, prepare and deliver speeches for my Toastmasters Club, and cook (which I like to do as much as baking and decorating). I also like working out to relieve stress and clear my head. I am not going to say that I LIKE to clean but I can't stand a nasty house so I also clean the house.

what icon_eek.gif you like to public speaking!!! icon_redface.gif oh no...not for me...i've been avoiding that like the plaque. i got out of public speaking in college.

are you military??? icon_confused.gif

newmansmom2004 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:25am
post #15 of 36

....showing one of our dogs and doing therapy work with the other!

2SchnauzerLady Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:31am
post #16 of 36

I love to knit and play with my 2 mini schnauzers. My latest thing is learning to racewalk. Of course, I'm on the injured list right now, so I have to stick with the knitting and playing with my pups.

wendalynn11 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:34am
post #17 of 36

I love playing with my 4,3 and 2 year olds, cooking gourmet and unique meals, crossfitting and training for a mini-triathlon.

Lita829 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:37am
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita829

what icon_eek.gif you like to public speaking!!! icon_redface.gif oh no...not for me...i've been avoiding that like the plaque. i got out of public speaking in college.

are you military??? icon_confused.gif

LOL!!! I am not military...I wouldn't last an hour in the military (God bless 'em). In my former job, I had to do a lot of public speaking and developed a love of it. I have been through He!! in my life and I believe that I have a story to tell....a message to deliver. I joined Toastmaster's in February of this year and I love it..... not only do I get to deliver speeches, share knowledge and share life experiences but I get to learn from those in the group, as well. I still get nervous when giving a speech but the nerves subside after a few minutes. The chapter I belong to is very supportive.

KacieMeredith Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:39am
post #19 of 36

Im a college student...so I spend my non-caking hours doing school work and/or sleeping. But everything comes to a halt on opening day for college football...after that day my schedules are then dictated by USC and Notre Dame's schedules. Oh and when I can I really like to sneak in some reading icon_lol.gif

Oh..and I just have to say since Im finding reasons to tell everyone...I GOT TICKETS TO TWO USC GAMES THIS YEAR FOR MY B-DAY...I cried icon_cry.gif when I saw them and I dont cry....whoo hooo

2SchnauzerLady Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:59am
post #20 of 36

Lita829 - I would rather be in the military than do any public speaking! I was in the Navy, but put me in front of a lot of people and I can forget my name! I do have a friend who does a lot of public speaking, maybe I can learn something from her!

diane Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:03am
post #21 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTFundraiser

Lita829 - I would rather be in the military than do any public speaking! I was in the Navy, but put me in front of a lot of people and I can forget my name! I do have a friend who does a lot of public speaking, maybe I can learn something from her!

my son's going into the navy in april. we are a military (air force) family. i'm not familiar with navy life. do you have any pointer i can pass on to my son??? icon_rolleyes.gif

varika Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:08am
post #22 of 36

Sewing, writing, playing video games, cooking for other people, and dreaming of hitting the lottery so I can afford to do more of the same!

Bohnlo Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:10am
post #23 of 36

Besides cake decorating, and of course being on CC hours on end, I love to read. I work for an airline, so I love to take mini trips just for 2 or 3days. I like to garden, but this year has been very disappointing. Weather was too cold beginning of summer, so not much grew. I have about 35 corn plants waving in the breeze and hopefully they have honest to God corn growing on them. Nothing compares to snaping off a cob and cooking it and eating fresh from the stalk. I also love to play with my 2 cats although being that they are cats, they are not always interested in playing with me!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Public speaking icon_surprised.gif now theres something that scares the panties off of me , Although working at an airline there are plenty of things I'd like to say tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif
Lori

2SchnauzerLady Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:13am
post #24 of 36

If your son doesn't like his superior - he just has to remember that either his assignment or his superior's assignment will change soon. I grew up in the Navy, my dad swore both my brothers in and commissioned me. My dad would always tell us that he was owned by Uncle Sam so Uncle Sam always came first before anything he wanted. Just remind your son that teamwork is highly valued. It really isn't too much different than the other services, we just spend a lot of time at sea!

diane Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:18am
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTFundraiser

If your son doesn't like his superior - he just has to remember that either his assignment or his superior's assignment will change soon. I grew up in the Navy, my dad swore both my brothers in and commissioned me. My dad would always tell us that he was owned by Uncle Sam so Uncle Sam always came first before anything he wanted. Just remind your son that teamwork is highly valued. It really isn't too much different than the other services, we just spend a lot of time at sea!

he sure does know that sea life will become a big part of his life. i just don't think he knows just how much time he will be spending there! icon_surprised.gif

redpanda Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:34am
post #26 of 36

I like to read (science fiction, fantasy, mystery, some children's literature, neuroscience, natural history...), cook, make (but not wear!) jewelry, and play word games. My whole family enjoys attending live theater, and as I type this, dh and ds are at a rehearsal for a community theater production.

aquamom Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:43am
post #27 of 36

I love the ocean!! Hence the name. I've been thinking about my last trip to Hawaii and I'm thinking about starting to plan another for next year. My family and I had so much fun on the Big Island and we learned so much at the Place of Refuge. One of the staff members just went out of his way to teach about Hawaiian culture from long ago. I'll never forget that visit. So I want to go back...hopefully next year....

I wish I could knit or crochet but I don't have the patience but the yarns they have out are so pretty. Might have to try again at some point.

rainbow_kisses Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 9:43pm
post #28 of 36

hi everyone i hope you dont mind me joining in icon_smile.gif when i have time with having 6 kids aged between 3 and 16 i love to xstitch, knit and sew. i also love painting and rebuilding old silver cross dolls prams icon_biggrin.gif but other than baking and decorating cakes and my full time job as an events and wedding co ordinator i have very little time for a real life icon_redface.gif

Elise87 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 12:31am
post #29 of 36

Hmm, well besides my cake decorating i do alot of creative stuff. I do graphic design (finished my diploma end of last year yay!) and also like drawing, painting etc but mainly in miniature and on gumpaste pieces lol I find that all that stuff really helps me with my cake decorating in some way icon_smile.gif

shyann_rayne Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 7:09pm
post #30 of 36

I read (love trashy romance), cross stitch, crochet, and watch lots of movies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%