Cupcake Bouquets..how To

Baking By tiggerjo Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 7:03pm by BJ

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make a cake flower pot or basket and fill it with cupcake flowers, how on earth do I get the cupcakes to stay put??? Also, is there a reason I don't see fondant leaves as fillers? I prefer everything be edible.

3 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 4

I love the idea! Very cute! I can think of a couple ways to make the cc's stay put. There is a picture of a cupcake bouquet today that's on the home page here at cc under the "the most saved picture today" of a bouquet of roses in a real basket and the creator used toothpicks. Another option would be to use lollipop sticks - a bit sturdier than toothpicks if your flower pot is going to be made of cake. You can get long ones at most craft stores too if you need some "stems"too. I like your idea of fondant leaves too. it would be a great cake! thumbs_up.gif

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks BJ, I did see the picture but did not think the toothpicks would hold "cake to cake". I am going to try the lollipop sticks. Now wondering if I am suppose to leave the cupcake papers intact or take them off before "planting".

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 4

personally - I'd leave them on to keep the cupcakes stable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%