Hot And Cold Food

Decorating By MarlaQuack Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 1:28am by indydebi

MarlaQuack Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 5

I made a pot of chili for a pot luck dinner tonight. It is now 2pm the dinner is at 6pm. The chili is hot. I'm debating weather to keep it hot until than or cool it down and reheat it.

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 5

If you have a crock pot, you could put it in there set on low and it would help concentrate the flavors, without you having to keep so much of an eye on it like you would on the stove.

Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know but I love my chili hot. Super hot .

MarlaQuack Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I decided to leave it sit on the stove top and will reheat it just before leaving. I forgot to mention this is white chicken chili. I did not want to over cook the chicken making it hard and tough, that was why I was debating on what to do. Otherwise I would have just left it cooking.

indydebi Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:28am
post #5 of 5

Keep it above at least (I'd say) 170 degrees to prevent bacteria from forming. Food is safe below 41 degrees and it is safe when above certain temps (depending on the food). Here's a link with food safe temps for various foods, if you're interested:

I never noticed before I took the food safety class, but my last two home ovens would not allow me to set the temp lower than 170 ... it's a food safety thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%