Pizza Cake - Need More Wow Factor????

Decorating By SeptBabyMom Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 4:10pm by venuscakes

SeptBabyMom Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 4

I have a pizza cake at home sitting on my counter, waiting to be picked up in less than 4 hours from now. It's my first time making a pizza cake and I think it came out kinda cute. icon_smile.gif

However, I'm wondering how I can give it a little extra umph! And I guess the real motive behind this extra umph is that when I trimmed the fondant on the cake, I cut it a bit too short in a couple places and the white icing is peeking just a little from under it. My husband says it looks fine and to let it rest, but I'm sure many of you are freaks about neatness too and that wouldn't be able to let it rest either. Ha ha.

Soooooo.... I am definately limited on time. But do you guys have any ideas on what I can add that won't ruin the simplicity of the cake, will make the cake look cute and hide those little flaws? I am at work, I wish I had a picture to share. Thanks in advance.

Jolene

3 replies
miny Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 5:30am
post #2 of 4

What about making some of those little packages of Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes out of fondant and place them where you need to hide the flaws, or some napkins maybe. Just some ideas. HTH

xstitcher Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 5:36am
post #3 of 4

I just saw this post so I'm assuming your already done. Next time you could always use a little bit of icing (coloured to match of course) in the place where you had the issue with the fondant and try to "blend" it in.

venuscakes Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 4

Hi

I could be way off base here but how about extra bits of topping to cover flaws.

Amanda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%