Need Help Asap! Carebear Cake

Decorating By LaceyLou Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 9:30pm by marknelliesmum

LaceyLou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaceyLou Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 5

i hope yall can open this! not sure how to post a picture in here. if you can see it, how would i do the carebear on top of the cake, and also what should i charge? thanks in advance!
LL

4 replies
SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 5

Try scrolling down the front page, How to Make an Image Icing Plaque may help... Im terrible at pricing, but I guess it would mostly depend for me how much is plastic figures and how much is handmade. Like the rainbow.... making that with even colors would be my challenge, hope you can buy one icon_smile.gif

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 5

wow! What a cute cake! I would think you could make the care bear out of fondant/gumpaste or RKT. It looks like she is just sitting on the top layer of the back cake. I'm not good at pricing, but I would say an absolute minimum of $2.50 per slice, plus a fee for the care bear and the rainbow. The customer would also have to supply or pay for the other figurines (I am assuming they are plastic).

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 5

For the Carebear, I suggest you use RKT. IT looks like the fur has been piped.

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 5

Hi I'd use gumpaste - google aine2's work on you tube she is the master of this kinda stuff she has a tutorial on making bears but i don't think that's on you tube but her other videos will help you with assembling this wee bear. Just a thought (i'm not trying to be a PITA) aren't there major issues with copyright when making known figures and selling them eg. Disney etc and wouldn't this apply with carebears? I'm a hobby baker so i have no idea what you should charge but most pros on here have set fees per serving and for figures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%