I Forgot About It. Think It Will Be Ok?

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 3:55pm by BeeBoos-8599_

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 3

So I am in the midst of baking for a tiki god I am making. It will be a total of 6 9" rounds. I am using the Amazing Chocolate WASC recipe. Last night I baked 4 of the 6 and stacked them ontop of eachother with parchment between them then set them in the freezer to firm up so I could wrap them and freeze (the cake is not untill next weekend but I am to swamped next week to bake them the day before). Anyway, I forgot about them and they were still in the freezer this morning. I was planning on baking the last 2 today and adding them to the stack. I have now wrapped them very well in plastic wrap, sat them inside a larger pan and placed them back in the freezer. I am conserned that they will be dry or that the texture will be different from the last 2 I am baking today. Do you think they will be ok ? would you A. bake the last 2 and do the same to them for consistancy sake or B. Bake 6 more and keep these 4 for my family (darn we will have to eat a 4 layer cake icon_wink.gif )

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 3

First of all for me, I would never stack four up until they were frozen--but you didn't ask that didja?

But honestly there's no worries on any of it unless theres like some god awful (opposite to cake) aromas in your frige--like stinky cheese or smoked herring or something.

Leaving it in the frige part would have make it drier by a bit--but still for just one night I don't think there's much harm at all. Especially for chocolate-it's usually pretty moist.

And if you want you can do a light simple syrup splash when you stack.

You're fine!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks K8memphis,
It is the amazing chacolate wasc and is very dense so I did not think twice about stacking them. It actally did not compress at all. Anyway, thanks for the input. I am off to bake the last 2 and start the flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%