Beware!

Business By Trudy53 Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 7:32pm by Eisskween

Trudy53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trudy53 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 17

If you are starting up a cake decorating business or if you do alot of cake decorating from your home, BEWARE of purchasing a CAKE DECORATING AIRBRUSH KIT, Food Color-Air Compressor from e-bay seller powercatairbrush. I purchased this kit from them (aka T-3 supply corporation) and when I received it the airbrush kit had a missing part, the air compressor was damaged, I have been trying for almost 2 months to contact them but they have never replied, can't even get in touch with anyone by phone not even about the warranty that came with it??? So just wanted to save someone else from the headach that I have been going thru over this.

16 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 17

Thanks for the heads up!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 17

I hope you left appropriate feedback.
Bums! I had a run in with someone who cheated me and we had a feedback-a-thon. I won. icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:27pm
post #4 of 17

Did you use Paypal? If so, you could have paypal contact the seller. I hope you get the issue resolved.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 17

Yes...If you paid with Paypal you can file a report that item was not what was advertised..At least you can get your money back with Paypal buyers security.I had this happen before and I filed a claim..It took about 2 months but I got all my money credited back to me.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 17

All of this is good 411. I havn't shopped on e-bay yet, but plan to eventually. Thanks guy! icon_biggrin.gif

sara91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sara91 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 17

Always pay with paypal for buyer protection, i think you only have 2 months to claim for goods. Don't keep trying to contact the seller, go straight to paypal. any dispute they will freeze the money in the sellers account until it gets sorted.

Paypal is always on the customers side.

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 3:22am
post #8 of 17

Thanks for the heads up I am in the market for an airbrush kit.

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 7:01am
post #9 of 17

I just bought that exact same kit from them, no problems with items or their customer service. Keep trying!

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 17

I have been thinking about getting an airbrush kit. Could someone tell me what to look for (model, type etc.) and price range I should stay in? This would be for a first time airbrush user! Can you say 'challenged'?

Thanks for replies,
Carol

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 3:56pm
post #11 of 17

cblupe said:

Quote:
Quote:

have been thinking about getting an airbrush kit. Could someone tell me what to look for (model, type etc.) and price range I should stay in? This would be for a first time airbrush user! Can you say 'challenged'?

Me too - this is next on my cake tools to buy list but i don't know where to start any advice would be great thumbs_up.gif
Oh and welcome to the cc family Trudy53

cblupe Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 5:29pm
post #12 of 17

I would like to post my question again; maybe it was a slow weekend. What should I look for in purchasing my first airbrush machine?

Thanks,
cblupe

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 17

cblupe - I bought the GREX airgun that was at ICES. OMG, it is wonderful!! I know it was pricey, but the ease of use of it is unbelievable. I have a Badger and I hate it - everything about it is hard for me. I tried the GREX out at ICES, and fell in love with it. They also sell an adaptor so I can use my Badger compressor with it. (and the regulator is built in) The trigger is so much easier to use than the finger pull one on most airbrushes. The cup is able to be moved from either side and it can swivel (and it has a lid - NO MORE spilling the paint on the cake by accident!) It is pricey.....but wow, all the features it has make it worth it IMO. It also has a 6 year warranty.

cblupe Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:48pm
post #14 of 17

Loucinda,

Which vendor did you purchase your airgun? I will go to their website and check this out. It sounds wonderful. Thanks,

Carol

FudgeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FudgeQueen Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:07pm
post #15 of 17

wow!! thanks for the heads up...becuz i have started looking for an airbrush machine to purchase myself...i hope things work out for you...that sucks when you purchase something as expensive as that and it doesnt work....Does anyone have a go to place for airbrush machines and suppliesim new to it so i dont need anything too fancy.....but i would like to get one of good quality,.thanks in advance for any advice you can offer....

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:32pm
post #16 of 17

cblupe - it was the GREX booth....lime green all over the place. You can also get them at Dick BLicks.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 7:32pm
post #17 of 17

If you paid through paypal, you do have recourse through paypal and I believe also through ebay itself. You should look into it. Neither company likes to have fraudulent sellers through their site, it's bad for business. They will credit you the amount spent if found in your favor. It's worth a shot, why be out the money because someone is selling junk. Good luck, let us know how you make out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%