Pricing For Cupcake Wedding

Decorating By cjsunshine Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm by cylstrial

cjsunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjsunshine Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 7:00am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I welcome all suggestions on this one. I am doing a cupcake wedding two weeks from now. I am baking 200 cupcakes, plus a 6" cake for the top tier.The top tier is fondant covered, and decorated with two ribbons wrapped around and tied in the front. The cupcakes each have an embossed letter on a tiny fondant heart placed on top.

I am not charging for delivery or set up, as it is in town. I provide a free 6" bride and groom cake also.

The bride's mom is buying the stand for the cupcakes and cake, as I do not own one. They were going to buy it anyway. I normally do not do cupcake weddings, just because I haven't had any requests until now. They were fine with this arrangement.

anyway, what would you charge for the cake and cupcakes? icon_cool.gif

2 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 3

Many people charge cupcakes as a single serving amount, some charge more because they are more fiddly to do. You should also add an extra amount per cupcake for the topper. I would charge around $2.50 per cupcake, plus an extra $0.25 for each topper. For the top tier, it would be 12 servings at $3.50 each. So, in total around $600.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 3

That's nice of you to provide a free 6 inch cake. Do you do that for everyone? Kind of as a thank you?

I would do anywhere from 2.50 to 3.00 for each cupcake. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%