Do You Charge For Cookie Packaging?

Baking By toodlesjupiter Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 12:39am by toodlesjupiter

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:52am
post #1 of 8

I have to do 5 dozen cookies with edible images, bagged in cello bags with pink and brown ribbon. Do you charge extra for packaging, and if so how much? Is it a certain amount per cookie, or a flat rate? Thanks in advance!

7 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:54am
post #2 of 8

I don't charge for my cakes/cookies/cupcakes as I just make them for friends and family but if I did I would definitely work that into the price of the cookies. You don't want to cut into your profit.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 8

Every little cost is calculated in my cookies... even the electricity for my oven.. So I know exactly how much it cost me to do cookies, how much time and how much profit I do. So I include the cost of the packaging in my cookies.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 8

Absolutely..If it is a cost to you ...pass on the charge...I charge 50 cents for the bag and 50 cents for the ribbon.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 8

you'll be surprised at how long its going to take to bag 60 cookies and then tie them with ribbon. so yes charge enough to cover the supplies and your time. thats in addition to the cookie charge.

toodlesjupiter Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:36pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks ladies! I'm thinking .50 per cookie. Hope that sounds fair for both of us. I appreciate your input.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 8

Definitely charge! If you don't charge, you're cutting into your profit! Because you have to buy the bags and the ribbon, and then you have to bag and tie the cookies. I think .50 is very reasonable. (That's .25 for the bag and .25 for the ribbon).

toodlesjupiter Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 12:39am
post #8 of 8

Thanks! I feel better now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%