How Do I Make These?

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 9 Aug 2009 , 2:44am by Rylan

jovigirl Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 12

I found these awesome camouflage cupcakes but have no idea how they made them, any idea of how they made these cupcakes camouflage?

http://food.blogdig.net/archives/articles/March2009/20/Camouflage_Cupcake_by_Tesoro_Cookies.html

Thank you for your help ;o)

11 replies
G_Cakes Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:48am
post #2 of 12

Wow neat concept.

Maybe if you email the person who made them they might let you know how they did it.

But if I had to guess at how? I would use disposable piping bags and fill each one up with the different colored batters.

Then place the bags filled with batter into one piping bag (3 in 1), then just squeeze the batter into each muffin cup while twisting or turning the pan as I fill.

Just a thought...good luck on finding out and if you do be sure to post it as I would love to know how they did it icon_smile.gif

psychmom Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:00am
post #3 of 12

I don't know how to fill cupcakes but I can help with the colors. I made a cake similar using bright colors.
Make white cake mix. If you'd like three colors then separate the cake batter into three separate bowls. Mix your colors. Using a spoon (one for each color) just plop spoonfuls into the cupcake tins. Example: plop brown on bottom right, plop black on bottom left, plop green in the middle, then repeat until full.

I am not great at directions - please let me know if I'm not clear.

~Raquel

patty5 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:11am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychmom

I don't know how to fill cupcakes but I can help with the colors. I made a cake similar using bright colors.
Make white cake mix. If you'd like three colors then separate the cake batter into three separate bowls. Mix your colors. Using a spoon (one for each color) just plop spoonfuls into the cupcake tins. Example: plop brown on bottom right, plop black on bottom left, plop green in the middle, then repeat until full.

I am not great at directions - please let me know if I'm not clear.

~Raquel

thumbs_up.gif That's exactly what I was thinking!

Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:05am
post #5 of 12

Lizzy and Raquel seem to get it right.

xstitcher Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:36am
post #6 of 12

I would suggest the same thing as the last three posters as well.

Here's a tutorial on how to do it with a cake. The cupcakes are just on a smaller scale.

http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake

jovigirl Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:09pm
post #7 of 12

ok, thank you everyone, I will try them today for an order I have tomorrow...
Wish me luck thumbs_up.gif

jovigirl Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 12

Here is the finished product. Thanks for all your help ;o)

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1431542

thumbs_up.gif

Skidoochic Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 12

Those look great!! Good job!

marknelliesmum Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 4:47pm
post #10 of 12

Well done your cakes are way prettier than the original ones thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 6:16pm
post #11 of 12

Glad it worked out for you. They look great. thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Posted 9 Aug 2009 , 2:44am
post #12 of 12