Different Types Of Fondant

Decorating By mkbennett Updated 8 Oct 2014 , 1:28pm by julia1812

shannon79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon79 Posted 28 May 2013 , 2:29am
post #31 of 39

Hi,I have been wanting to try home made fondant. I also do not like the taste of the store bought fondant. Would you be willing to give me your recipe to try? I am looking for one that i can cover the cakes and make figures from it.thanks

thebrat68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebrat68 Posted 28 May 2013 , 10:52am
post #32 of 39

Jen I would also love to try your White Chocolate fondant Please and Thank You.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 28 May 2013 , 2:08pm
post #33 of 39

I am sold on MFF, Michele Foster's Fondant. The recipe is found in the Recipes here on CC and I always use the white chocolate variation. I just melt the white chocolate in with the liquid ingredients, and I tweak it a little with the addition of Loranns cheesecake flavor. Oh my goodness, it is difficult not to consume the whole recipe as I work with it. It is totally delicious and such a dream to work with. The chocolate makes it so malleable. I have confirmed fondant haters who no longer pull their fondant off, so that says something.

If I want to make figures with it, I just knead in a little tylose.

Jan

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 9:00am
post #34 of 39

Hi I have some cakes to cover this weekend and ive never made marshmellow fondant and when I have looked for the marshmellow its always have mix colours we do not get them one colour, also can someone tell me a good recipe for marshmellow fondant that's easy thanks

confettihappi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confettihappi Posted 27 Jun 2014 , 3:52am
post #35 of 39

I would also love to try that recipe Jen please can you email me?

Perezfam11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Perezfam11 Posted 11 Jul 2014 , 6:02pm
post #36 of 39

AHello, your recipe sounds great. Would you mind messaging it to me? I'm looking all over for a great fondant

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 6:09am
post #37 of 39

Ai too would love this recipe has it been posted yet

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 Oct 2014 , 6:52am
post #38 of 39

AAs mentioned in previous comments, that recipe is included in her DVD that you buy.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 1:28pm
post #39 of 39

AI can't buy fondant here, so I make my own. I use two different recipes, one is similar to Michelle foster's and the other one is a marshmallow fondant. For kids parties I always use the regular fondant, but I personally prefer MMF because it's not sooo sweet. Many adults I know prefer mmf too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%