How Early Can I Fill A Cake Before Serving Day?

Decorating By amberkw Updated 10 Aug 2009 , 12:41am by amberkw

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 6

I made a strawberry cake, and am filling it with strawberry cheesecake filling. How early can I fill it and dirty ice it ? Can I fill it while its still frozen?

5 replies
sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 6

I am sure it depends on the type of filling-how quick it will absorb. What are you using?? I am wondering this also!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 6

I am not familiar with your recipe. Give us some details.

amberkw Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 11:50am
post #4 of 6

It is 8 oz strawberry cream cheese, 2 c MWI, 2tsp strawberry flavoring...thats all I remember right now. I went to sleep 4 hours ago & am up to finish 2 cakes for today. Its for today & filled it 2 nights ago. Should I prepare for a gooey mess? At least its a freebie for close family if it is. Oh that would be awful. Now I am scared to cut into it!

notjustcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcakes Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 6

The cake was refrigerated for the last 2 days right? If not, I would not serve it. I would allow the cake to become semi-thawed before torting and filling....Otherwise you might get condensation on the frosting...

amberkw Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 12:41am
post #6 of 6

I kept it refridgerated. It was actually very good. Delicious - everyone raved! Next time I will wait and do it the day before. I could tell it started to soak into the cake a little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%