This Should Make You Smile

Decorating By deetmar Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 5:36am by Rylan

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 13

I had a lady call me on Tuesday wanting a three tier cake for Friday. I have a wedding on Saturday, two wedding cakes going into the Fair on Sunday, and three dozen cookies on Friday. Of course I told her no, I was sorry, but i just can't do it. Well she didn't take no for an answer. ( My husband is working with me on the "NO" word!)

I gave in, went to work, got the cake done today. I called her and asked if she would like to pick it up, clear out some of my fridge space. She said she would be here after work.

Now this is the good part, she shows up in a two seater corvette, with the top off! I couldn't believe it! Where was she planning on putting this cake? My husband and I stared out the window laughing. I told he wouldn't be laughing in a few minutes when she asked him to find a place for it. Of course he said he had a place where she could put it. She decided that we needed to put a bag over the top. Oh, I forgot to tel you that the top had two palm trees, a beach umbrella, and other beach items on it.

Luckily she did have a top, and we convinced her that she needed to put it up. This was a perfect ending to a perfec day!

12 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 13

....what hair color did you say she had? (just joking everyone, I'm blonde too!)

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 13

That's a great story. I had a lady order a 15x20" sheet cake and it was on a wooden board that probably measured 20x26". My husband agreed to meet her half way and she showed up in a little 2 seater car with the truck full of crap. Needless to say, he had to take the cake all the way. She did tip us an extra $10 so I guess it was ok. What are people thinking when they order cakes and then show up in these tiny little cars. I'm still waiting for someone to show up in one of those smart cars. Hahaha!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 13

People are ridiculous! The lady showed up in a convertible?

Lady: Do you think the cake will be ok riding in a convertible?
You: Well...where were you planning to put the cake so that it will arrive at it's destination, safe and sound?
Lady: The front passenger seat.
You: ROFLMAO. And just in case you did manage to get the cake to sit there and ride safely, what were you planning on doing about the dirt, and the bird poop, and everything else in the air that's going to land on your cake?

Hehe.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:19am
post #5 of 13

this is, indeed, a funny story, but also a somewhat ironic one...we are making fun of this woman for smoking crack icon_biggrin.gif and ordering a cake two days before she needed it, but by letting yourself be talked into it, you are perpetuating her "give me what i want, when i want it, let them deal with the how part" mentality. she only learned, yet again, that is she speaks loud enough, those dealing with her will be forced to listen.

now that i'm done with my gentle (hopefully) chastising therapy session with you, go get some sleep woman!!!!!!!!!!! you've earned a siesta!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:20am
post #6 of 13

this is, indeed, a funny story, but also a somewhat ironic one...we are making fun of this woman for smoking crack icon_biggrin.gif and ordering a cake two days before she needed it, but by letting yourself be talked into it, you are perpetuating her "give me what i want, when i want it, let them deal with the how part" mentality. she only learned, yet again, that is she speaks loud enough, those dealing with her will be forced to listen.

now that i'm done with my gentle (hopefully) chastising therapy session with you, go get some sleep woman!!!!!!!!!!! you've earned a siesta!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:33am
post #7 of 13

Where did I hear the story of someone showing up to pick up a tiered cake on a motorcycle? (Best man getting a wedding cake? Brother getting a birthday cake? Can't remember! icon_cry.gif )

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:05pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Where did I hear the story of someone showing up to pick up a tiered cake on a motorcycle? (Best man getting a wedding cake? Brother getting a birthday cake? Can't remember! icon_cry.gif )

Are you serious? icon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_lol.gif That's hilarious!!

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:22pm
post #9 of 13

Did she remember to use the seatbelt? icon_smile.gif

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:42pm
post #10 of 13

you guys are too funny!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:21pm
post #11 of 13

That is totally something I would do.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:17pm
post #12 of 13

Me, too, Rylan! I once volunteered at a committee meeting to be the one to pick up all of the helium-filled balloons for an event, never thinking about how I'd fit them all inside of my small car and still be able to see out the windows to drive safely. Thank Heaven I'm still in one piece!!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 5:36am
post #13 of 13

JGMB, totally tubular like oh my gosh!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%