Just Unbelievable!

Decorating By Nyree Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 8:52am by marknelliesmum

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 9:49pm
post #31 of 38

that is one lovely cake! it almost looks like it might be all covered in BC?? (which would be even more impressive). at any rate, i agree with some of the others who said that she probably wasn't trying to be rude when she offered $200. that actually a pretty good chunk of money for some people. she most likely is not a "cake person" and has no idea what goes into making one.

i balked at the prices the drywallers wanted to charge us to finish our bonus room...until i saw first-hand all the work that went into it. geeze, they didn't charge enough!

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 10:11pm
post #32 of 38

I only wanted to echo the beauty of the cake, but the board it is setting on...looks really crappy in comparison to the cake.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 11:28pm
post #33 of 38

Oh, honey, no. That cake is at least 500-600, if not more. That is way too much work for that little!

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 6:45am
post #34 of 38

I agree about the cake board, it was the first thing I noticed. It's kind of strange that you can see the board on the top tier too.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 7:08am
post #35 of 38

recreate it for your friend for $200.

Just do it in miniature!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 7:10am
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

I would say "sure, but it would only be 8 inches tall for the whole thing, a miniature".. how clueless. icon_razz.gif

Sorry, fondantgrl, I was still on page one when I responded. I didn't yet realize someone had already suggested it icon_redface.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 8:13am
post #37 of 38

If she wants 4 pillows for $200, she should try Sears.

What I usually do is say, "Well, the ingredients for that many cakes would cost approx. $XXX, plus the icing, plus the fondant, plus the cake boards, plus the time to do it, plus, plus, plus." I've said it before, but I use a garage/repair shop as the point of reference - you don't just pay for the replacement part, you pay for the mechanic's time, disposal of old part, disposal of oil, etc. And mechanic's charge a hell of a lot more than cake decorators do per hour!

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 8:52am
post #38 of 38

Stick her head in your KA and knock some sense into her icon_lol.gif Personally i think the cake is pretty awful but i'd love to make it - i've never made a pillow cake before unfortunately tho mine would probably look like a burst sofa rather than an elegant stack of satin pillows icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%