New Dh Product

Baking By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 3:21pm by Texas_Rose

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 8

I just came from Walmart and there is now Duncan Hines Cupcake mix. It is in a box just like the cake mix but smaller and makes 1 dozen cupcakes. The mix here was $0.97 and came in chocolate, yellow and funfetti. Nice for those times that you have an order but dont want extras sitting around (although I admit that does not sound like much of an problem). Just thought I would mention it.

7 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 8

Or you could weigh out half a mix and prepare that......

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 8

I've been seeing those at my local dollar store. And I wonder why they didn't sell those at regular grocery storer? But more importantly, why not just get a regular cake mix and make 24 (more leftovers yum!) or do have a mix!?! I just found it pointless...how weird of them. lol! icon_biggrin.gif

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 8

I have seen them in Jiffy brand too. (chocolate, yellow, white) but they are by the muffin mixes they cost about 60 cents.

mariela_ms Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 8

Is the Jiffy brand any good??? I always wondered...and I've never had one. I think I'll try it one of these days ,I mean its super cheap.

Also has anyone tasted the Great Value brand (walmart) mixes?

Once again, just wondering.

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariela_ms

Is the Jiffy brand any good??? I always wondered...and I've never had one. I think I'll try it one of these days ,I mean its super cheap.

Also has anyone tasted the Great Value brand (walmart) mixes?

Once again, just wondering.

They taste the same to me (I add oil too it doesn't call for it ), I have had the Great Value muffin mixes and they are pretty good, so I would not hesitate to try the cake mixes.

mariela_ms Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:19pm
post #7 of 8

I think I'll try it! If it's not that great, I'll turn them into cake balls! lolMy friends and family always love getting those from me! icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:21pm
post #8 of 8

Jiffy muffins are good (wish I could still find the date bran mix) but their cakes are not so good, and their icing mix is disgusting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%