Pleas Help Me!!

Decorating By Cristi-Tutty Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 6:12pm by Cristi-Tutty

Cristi-Tutty Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone, I am new in this so please I need help..
First I would like to know what do I need to start with the cakes, I already have everything from the Wilton classes. I would like to know what else should I get besides that. Is it possible to decorate a cake in 3 hours? I have to take a cake today for my cousin b-day I already have the cake but I could not decorate it, it is hard when you have kids, but I ready want to do it since I promise her...

Thank you for you help..

LOL

7 replies
tatorchip Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 8

crumb the cake put in freezer at least 30 minutes then bring to room temp about 30 minutes then just use bc icing to decorate it is better than not keeping your promise.

enoid Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 8

Ice with buttercream and then if you have a little fondant and some cookie cutters (circles, stars etc) you could do some quick cutouts to decorate with.

Cristi-Tutty Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 8

Thank for your help....Yeah I don't want to break my promise..what is the fastest way to decorate it, with fondant or butter cream...

What I want to do is cover with fondant and then cut some dots and put on the cake. Do you think is a good idea...

Thank you again icon_redface.gif

idgalpal Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 8

I think BC will be faster. You could run into problems trying to cover it with fondant if you have never done it before. Enoid has a great suggestion of doing some decorator pieces with fondant but ice with BC

Cristi-Tutty Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 8

How can I see her ideas? sorry I am new

Cristi-Tutty Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:47am
post #7 of 8

Thank you for your help, I could make it...
Tomorrow I am going to put the picture of the cake It came out beautiful...

That is what they said...jajaja

lol

Cristi-Tutty Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 6:12pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks again!!!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%