Tres Leches Wedding Cakes

Decorating By icer101 Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 5:05pm by Rosie2

icer101 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 9

for you, that make these delicious cakes.. how do you make them for wedding cakes.. how do you stack them.. how do you cover them in fondant. what i am asking .. is do you back up on some of the milk.. etc. .. roll fondant extra thin? etc. tia for your help

8 replies
icer101 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 9

hoping someone will read this when they get home.. and get on this site.. tia

millermom Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 9

here's another bump, because I want to know too!

Rosie2 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 9

3 leches is a common cake in my culture...I've never done a wedding cake, but I always make 3 leches.
We had my daughter's 'quinceanera 4 years ago and the cake was all 3 leches. Let me see if I can post a pic.
Also, I believe you can not cover with fondant since it's a very humid cake and the fondant would melt.

Here's a pic of the cake.
Good luck
Edited to add: Please make a note that I did NOT make this cake...I ordered this cake for my daughter's quinceanera.
LL

millermom Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 9

Do you use regular BC, or do you use a stabilized whipped cream? icon_confused.gif

Rosie2 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by millermom

Do you use regular BC, or do you use a stabilized whipped cream? icon_confused.gif

When I make 3 leches I always use whipped cream and I add a small package of Jello instant vanilla pudding to add consistency. Hope that answered you question.

sknnypggy Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:42pm
post #7 of 9

Mamapastel3 Has made a wedding cake with tres leches, and also made one that was a variation of tres leches. I may try to make a tres leches cake someday

icer101 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:47am
post #8 of 9

thank you rosie2... for your answer. that is what i was thinking.. i have a friend... that asked me today.. i told her . i didn,t think you could cover with fondant. so i will tell her what you say.. thanks again

Rosie2 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:05pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

thank you rosie2... for your answer. that is what i was thinking.. i have a friend... that asked me today.. i told her . i didn,t think you could cover with fondant. so i will tell her what you say.. thanks again

You're welcome Icer101....but, you know long time ago someone here posted that she figured out a way to cover a 3 leches with fondant, but she never came back to tell us how she did it. I'm guessing that you can try to NOT make it too wet, cover it with buttercream and then fondant...I'm just guessing.
Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%