Buttercream Recipe Needed

Baking By sadie423 Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 1:10am by Elise87

sadie423 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadie423 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 2

If I made an all-butter butter cream icing would it be stable enough on the counter overnight? We've changed our diets and don't use any oils other than olive, coconut and peanut...so I don't want to use shortening. All 3 of my boys have b-days next week and the party with 3 cakes is on Sunday afternoon....I make the cakes on Saturday night, they will be inside on the counter and brought outside (90 degree) just before serving.

So questions- If I use my basic butter cream- butter, sugar and little milk...will it keep okay?

Or can someone give me another good decorating icing recipe that will keep without the refrigerator that uses no vegetable oils, corn syrup, etc...

Thanks for any advice
Sarah

1 reply
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:10am
post #2 of 2

Hi!

Yep i use a buttercream that is made from butter and no shortening and it tastes good and is absolutely fine sitting out on your counter icon_smile.gif

Here is the recipe in another thread i posted it on, just make sure to use the amount down the bottom of the thread because the first recipe post doesn't make much so you want to maybe double the amounts:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-641018.html

HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%