Pennsylvania Cake Sales

Business By cadgurl07 Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 1:53am by cadgurl07

cadgurl07 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anyone knew of the laws and what not of selling cakes in PA. I work full time and am in process of getting a PT job so it would only be a side thing about 10 cakes a year max. I'm guessing. I haven't really advertised anything but the cake I did for cake class I brought to work and have gotton some inquiries about selling some to them.

I can't really afford to rent a kitchen and we rent so there's no way for me to alter our kitchen plus I'm still with the 'rents... thumbsdown.gif

I want to make sure I'm doing this by the book. Last thing I need is legal trouble. Any help is appreciated! by the way I'm in Northampton County.

Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
cadgurl07 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 4

bump... icon_wink.gif

CCCTina Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:12am
post #3 of 4

There are a few threads in the business forum specifically for PA that should tell you what you need. The state laws are fairly simple, it is the local law that may or may not be a problem. You need to find out first if your township allows it.

cadgurl07 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:53am
post #4 of 4

Thank you! I did do a search at first for Pennsylvania. I'll try PA and see what comes up there. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%