Has Anyone Tried This Cake Recipe?

Decorating By mishlove Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 10:18pm by KacieMeredith

mishlove Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 5

AMAZING Chocolate WASC Cake, I am making a 2 tired cake for my Son's party and I was wondering if this is a good cake?

Does anyone have a good recipe for Vanilla cake that is made from a boxed mix? I cant seem to find one on here.

Thank you so much

Michele

4 replies
Wesha Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishlove

AMAZING Chocolate WASC Cake, I am making a 2 tired cake for my Son's party and I was wondering if this is a good cake?

Does anyone have a good recipe for Vanilla cake that is made from a boxed mix? I cant seem to find one on here.

Thank you so much

Michele

Michele,

WASC (white almond sour cream) is an excellent vanilla cake receipe. If you do not like almond, substite more vanilla or what ever flavorings you like. It is using a vanilla cake mix (Preferable Duncan Hines). The receipe is listed in the receipe section on this site.

jardot22 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Michele, I use the Amazing Chocolate WASC cake recipe for all my chocolate cakes - it is terrific and moist, and holds up very well to fondant and even some carving. I highly recommend it. I also use the WASC and it is a great vanilla cake recipe. Give it a try - you'll love it.

Kellbella Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 5

Ditto..have made several of these cakes and everyone loves them thumbs_up.gif

KacieMeredith Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 5

Yup I love this recipe...Im doing my bestfriends wedding cake and since I dont own a business I dont have any set recipes that I love yet, until I found this one. I did the white, chocolate, and I even altered it for a yellow cake. I gave them these three options plus a scratch white, chocolate, and yellow cake and they choose the Amazing WASC ones...

I used betty crocker box mixes those, not DH...just my personal preference

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%