Sorry But I Have Pricing Question?

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 5:46pm by alvarezmom

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 5

How would you price a small 3-D cake that will sit on top of a 8" & 10" stacked cake?
My 3-D cakes start at $125 with a minimum of 25 servings ordered, but this does'nt fall into that catagory.
It won't be that hard to make and will only serve 5-6 so do I just go by my price per serving and maybe add a small carving fee?
I've never had to price a cake like this before ,I have the stacked cake priced out , just have to figure out how to charge for the tiny 3-D cake.
It's a car so the carving is'nt that extreme.
Thanks for any and all help icon_smile.gif

4 replies
justcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justcake Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 5

Your plan sounds very reasonable. That is how I would do it if I were presented with the same situation. Good luck!

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't done this before, but since it's a small cake, perhaps only charge for the time you spend on it. Never charge less than it's worth (or what you would pay for it yourself, knowing the involvement).

HTH.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 5

Ok so I'm thinking I will charge $4.00 per serving plus $10 base/carving fee to cover the cake I cut away.
I will bake it in a 9x5 loaf pan so there really won't be that much left over, just few scraps.
So if the cake serve 6 the total would be $34, plus the cost of the stacked cake.
Sound about right?
I don't want to charge too little but even after 2 years I still find pricing hard, my backbone is still in the developmental stage icon_redface.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 5

CakeMommy- your cakes are so beautiful! I love every one of them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%