Peanut Butter Buttercream

Baking By dinie Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 1:54pm by dinie

dinie Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 3

Good Morning Ladies, I have a question about peanut butter buttercream the recipe that I have is from serious cakes. It is a awesome recipe I'm getting ready to make it for a wedding cake my question is it has 1/2 & 1/2 creamer in it and I'm not sure that it would be okay being left out of the frig. Would it be possiable to exchange it for the coffee creamer mixed with water like you use in Susan Zambitos icing since it is not dairy. Also in the recipe is 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup of high-mo and 1 cup peanut butter, I was thinking of making it 3/4 cup high-mo and 1 1/4 cup peanut butter to take the risk of butter going rancid. Do you think all of this exchanging would work?
TIA,
Diane
By the way made the Susan Zambito's icing and loved it but I got air bubbles in where in her video she did not but I can work with that because I got air bubbles in the icing that I make with butter in it. In the video she use's a KA which I also have but I have the bigger one and not sure if the speed on the bigger one makes a difference.

2 replies
jardot22 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 3

Your modifications sound perfectly fine to me, although half and half would still be fine if left at room temperature because of all the sugar that is in the icing, which helps preserve the dairy (you wouldn't have to replace the butter with more shortening either - it would still be fine left at room temp). BUT, like I said your modifications would probably work just fine - I see no reason why they wouldn't as long as you're keeping the fat / sugar ratio the same.

Regarding Sharon Zambito's recipe, she makes hers in a 5 quart. If you have a 6 quart mixer, you have to modify the recipe so that you get the same smooth results. Just look for it in the recipes section - someone has already done the math for us icon_smile.gif I have a 6 quart, so i use this modified recipe as well. Hope this helps!

dinie Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 3

Thank You for the info. Yes it helps a great deal, was not sure if all the dairy products would be okay left out.

Diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%