Huge Help Needed

Lounge By jewels710 Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 12:43am by lchristi27

jewels710 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 18

Ok, long story short, I was working on a cake and left the room to answer the door for ONE minute and my lightning fast three year old bolted into the kitchen the second I stepped away, grabbed my purple Wilton's dye and smeared it all over my couch and two pillows (and all over himself in the process)!!!
AGGHHH!!!!!

Does anyone have any idea how I can get this out????

Please help soon!

17 replies
Bijoudelanuit Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 18

I woudn't even try to clean it myself! Call the furniture store if you have a service/fabric plan and if not call a professional cleaner!

jardot22 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 18

Magic Eraser maybe? I guess it really depends on what type of material your furniture is made of..

jewels710 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 18

This is the couch and the culprit!!! What a mess.
Not sure what sort of fabric it is and I do not have a warranty on it any longer.
The "Pros" just want to charge me $$$ and cant promise anything.
Sorry, but I can promise myself nothing for free! LOL
Someone at work told me lest oil will take anything out.
Going to give it a try. I don't have much to lose!
LL

tiggerjo Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 18

Resolve powder for rugs (not the spray). Had good luck with this.
P. S. your little one is cute..think bout selling her while you can still get something for her LOL LOL Mine are grown but still think bout the days when I would have given them away.

jewels710 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 18

To tiggerjo: My mom said I'm lucky its number 5 and not kid#1 or the other four wouldn't be here!

Mensch Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:25pm
post #7 of 18

Call the exterminator to remove the offending kidlet.

jewels710 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #8 of 18

Too Funny!

weirkd Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 18

I have a similiar picture of my daughter. She was the same age. I had my newborn that I was feeding in the other room and she had grabbed a jar of blueberry preserves and smeared it all over my white (yes white) couch and herself. The first thing I did was ring everything in the sink with cold water. Then you get these two items, and I swear to you, you will never see a stain! Use the Oxy Clean that you find in the blue bottle, that is premixed (in the laundry isle) they even have a new one that is Oxy Max. But make sure its the one in the blue bottle and not a different brand. Then usually around the same isle you will see the carpet cleaning items. Find the one labeled Spot Shot. Orange cap. They have two different containers, aersol and pump spray. Now spray both on all the stains. Saturate the stain and then get a towel and blot up the color. Continue doing so until all it gone. Believe me, it works!! (also works awesome on pet stains or anything else you can thing of!)

all4cake Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:51pm
post #10 of 18

The cover isn't removable? If so, take it off and take it to the cleaners(might want to take them all off though...one clean cover kinda stands out like a sore thumb.

or....

Flip the cushion over and toss the pillows in the wash ....at a laundromat

cylstrial Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #11 of 18

Oh no! I hope that you get it out! That's terrible!

I have a 22 month old. He was at my parents house and apparently they weren't watching him, because he colored with an ink pen on 8 different walls, plus a bedroom dresser.

jlynnw Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #12 of 18

I have had some luck with "gunk be gone". No lie, it is a real product I got at Home Depot. It even removed the paint from the carpet, the hair removing beeswax from the carpet, couch, daughter's long hair, and wall. The stuff is amazing. It did remove the luster dust from my table but also some of the finish. icon_surprised.gif

MerlotCook Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:56pm
post #13 of 18

And if you have nothing above try baking soda mixed with cold water and rub it on with a toothbrush. Or, try eye make remover (really!), but first make sure it doesn't remove the color from the couch..it looks like a light color so you should be okay. Good luck!

Reimagining_Confections Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:02am
post #14 of 18

I second the Oxy Clean suggestion. I got Wilton Black out of a pair of shorts(took a few washings- do not dry it in a dyer until stain is gone). I would sprinkle with baking soda first, then clean that up with club soda(it will make a mess but it will help not to smear it. Then use oxy.

Oh good luck- my heart goes out to you and your couch. your little one is adorable.

kakeladee Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:10am
post #15 of 18

I don't know if it will work, but I got this stuff off QVC called Joe Campanelli's Stain Remover Professional Formula. Used it on the carpet in my car and it got my car looking new again. He claims it gets spilled ink out of carpets and does a demo proving it. I've never spilled ink on anything but my car was DISGUSTING! And it didn't take much effort at all. HSN sells this SHOCK treatment - it's todays special - and he claims it gets everything out. Can't comment on that one.

Ruth0209 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:28am
post #16 of 18

I'd just try blotting it off with water first and see how far you get. I'd start on the pillow so if you ruin it, you can just flip it over.

I've had Wilton dye on my clothes and it washed right out with regular washing.

MBHazel Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:42am
post #17 of 18

Not sure if this will work or not, but the carpet cleaning folks usually carry a pad that comes in a silver pouch that can be used to remove red stains (koolaid, etc.) from carpet.

Worth a try, before you go out and buy slip-covers!!!!

Let us know how things go!

lchristi27 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 12:43am
post #18 of 18

We teased my brother he was last for a reason too. Oxyclean is great too. Also maybe making a paste with baking soda and water let it sit for a while and see if it works.
She is Adorable though! Mine are 16 & 11, I miss the little ones so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%