Edible Image Paper

Decorating By kcassano Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 5:23pm by kcassano

kcassano Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone used the edible image paper and inks that are compatible with cannon and epson printers. esentially you purchase the edible ink and wafer paper (no backing) and use your home printer.

i have never worked with this stuff, so here is my question. I'm thinking of using it for the Coach "c" pattern on a diaper bag cake. My thought was to print the "c"'s, cut them out and adhere them to the fondant with piping gel. However, i'm not sure how easy this stuff is to work with and/or if this is even realistic. Painting them on would be a nightmare for me - would end up being a BAD knock off purse, for sure! and i'm not a fan of how the c's look when cut out of fondant and placed on the cake. The design i'm thinking of doing has a lot of the "c" pattern, which is why i thought this might be an idea.

just thought i'd see if anyone works with this stuff or has any tips. thanks!

2 replies
sew4children Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 3

I use an epson printer with ink and frosting sheets from KopyKake. I have never used wafer paper, but I love the system that I have. I do a lot of corporate cookies that have logos on them.

kcassano Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 3

i guess the next question would be...is the paper opaque. the reason i ask, is b/c i'm thnking of printing the repetative pattern and then adhering that to the fondant, which would be colored. so will the color of my fondant show thru the areas of the printed image where there is no "ink" or print?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%