3D Fondant Figures - How To?

Decorating By ThreePrinces Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm by bashini

ThreePrinces Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 3

I have a request for a Star Wars cake for a little boy's birthday. I am wanting to make a little Yoda to stick on the top of the 6 inch round top layer.

I have only made fondant figures to lay down (like a baby lying on top of a cake.) How do I make one that stands up? Do I need to make some sort of a wire "skeleton"? How far in advance do I need to make it to let it dry? I live in CO, the air very dry, my fondant seems to dry very fast.

Also..can I make this with homemade MMF. I really don't want to go out and buy any.......

Thanks in advance!

2 replies
brincess_b Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 3

if its simple, id do fondant, or a 50/50 mix. more detailed and id just do it in gumpaste. the chunkier it is, the longer it will take to dry.
stick the limbs and head on with edible glue and something like spaghettie or a cocktail stick.
xx

bashini Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 3

Hi you can make it with MMF, but add some CMC/tylose or gum tex to it.

I would start from making his body with brown fondant, the long gown like thing, like in this photo,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PltosTTdGsY/RhWU31eu7xI/AAAAAAAAAA0/KXPARK8DW7k/s320/100_3851.jpg

That way you need to add his two feet under the long gown he's wearing. Hope it make sence. And I would do it a week before, so it has plenty time to dry.

HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%