Large Tub Of Wilton Decorator Icing

Decorating By KeltoKel Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 5:49pm by Annipooh22

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 5

I tried doing a search for this but didn't come up with anything....so here it goes.

I bought a 4.5 lb. of Wilton decorator icing. Thought I would give it a try. It says to refrigerate after opening and can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Well, the cake I am making today isn't due until Sat. morning but I was hoping to get it done tonight so I can work on a bigger cake tomorrow.

My question is - can this Wilton icing sit out for 2 days on a cake? Should I just put the entire cake in the fridge? I am just afraid of putting the cake in the fridge and the icing cracking.

Thanks for the help!

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

i dont, use this icing.. but so many decorators say.. putting cake in frig...dries it out.. so why not jut wrap really good. and put in freezer.. hth

Annipooh22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annipooh22 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:12am
post #3 of 5

I'd wrap the cake really well and put it in a cool place but not the fridge. I've never refrigerated my cakes and they are always delicious icon_wink.gif

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 5

Icer, you may had misread my post. This cake is due Sat. so I want to ice it today (Thursday) and am wondering if the icing will be fine on the cake for 2 days. The advice of wrapping it really well seems logical so maybe I will just do that - although it is a 3D gold cake so it won't be the easiest to wrap. THanks!

Annipooh22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annipooh22 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 5

KeltoKel - That's what I do - just wrap them lightly (I've done several 3D cakes)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%