Large Tub Of Wilton Decorator Icing

Decorating By KeltoKel Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 5:49pm by Annipooh22

KeltoKel Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 5

I tried doing a search for this but didn't come up with anything....so here it goes.

I bought a 4.5 lb. of Wilton decorator icing. Thought I would give it a try. It says to refrigerate after opening and can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Well, the cake I am making today isn't due until Sat. morning but I was hoping to get it done tonight so I can work on a bigger cake tomorrow.

My question is - can this Wilton icing sit out for 2 days on a cake? Should I just put the entire cake in the fridge? I am just afraid of putting the cake in the fridge and the icing cracking.

Thanks for the help!

4 replies
icer101 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

i dont, use this icing.. but so many decorators say.. putting cake in frig...dries it out.. so why not jut wrap really good. and put in freezer.. hth

Annipooh22 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 11:12am
post #3 of 5

I'd wrap the cake really well and put it in a cool place but not the fridge. I've never refrigerated my cakes and they are always delicious icon_wink.gif

KeltoKel Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 5

Icer, you may had misread my post. This cake is due Sat. so I want to ice it today (Thursday) and am wondering if the icing will be fine on the cake for 2 days. The advice of wrapping it really well seems logical so maybe I will just do that - although it is a 3D gold cake so it won't be the easiest to wrap. THanks!

Annipooh22 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 5

KeltoKel - That's what I do - just wrap them lightly (I've done several 3D cakes)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%