Can I Frost The Day Before And How Do I Store It?

Decorating By RMarienlund Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 7:27pm by RMarienlund

RMarienlund Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,
As the bride making her own wedding cake, I wanted to finish the cake the day before the wedding. Can I frost the cake the day before and then how should I store it so that it stays looking and tasting good?

2 replies
QueenOfSweets Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 3

What kind of filling and icing are you planning to use? That will really determine whether or not you'll be able to do this and how you'll need to store it.

I use fillings that don't have to be refrigerated, and I use Sugarshack's buttercream icing. I ice the tiers, use the SPS system to stack, and then decorate the night before the wedding. I box the cake up and it is fine to sit on my decorator's table until I go to deliver it the next day.

RMarienlund Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfSweets

What kind of filling and icing are you planning to use? That will really determine whether or not you'll be able to do this and how you'll need to store it.

I use fillings that don't have to be refrigerated, and I use Sugarshack's buttercream icing. I ice the tiers, use the SPS system to stack, and then decorate the night before the wedding. I box the cake up and it is fine to sit on my decorator's table until I go to deliver it the next day.

I am using a frosting recipe that is mosly 1 pound of chocolate chips and 1 cup of sour cream (along with other ingredients that don't require refrigeration). Do you think it's okay to frost it the night before? It will be unrefrigerated for 24 hours before serving then...

THank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%