Blueberry Filling?

Decorating By mbark Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 5:10am by mbark

mbark Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone tried any version of blueberry filling? My 6 year old wants it in his cake & I'm not sure it would taste good.

7 replies
SGordon Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 8

A 6 year old talked me into making a cake with blueberry filling too. I made it with WASC for a baby shower. Believe it or not it was delicious and a big hit with everyone. I used a recipe from RecipeZaar for raspberry filling with berries, cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar and just used blueberries instead. Good luck with your cake.

jardot22 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 8

I used blueberry pie filling on a cake one time as a special request and it was a huge hit....just an idea unless you're looking for a homemade recipe.

SaraClassic Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 8

I did a blueberry filling, kind of a mix of both responses, I did the pie filling, cooked it down to be "spreadable" and added a bit of cornstarch so it thickened once in cake . I make it with a lemon cake, sounded strange my family gave me the "look" but it was great! icon_smile.gif

Mike1394 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 8

Lemon, and blueberry go together perfectly. In fact whenever using bluberry add some lemon juice.

chleonard Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 8

i made the winter blueberry topping in the cake bible and pureed with my food processor to make it more uniform.
i then added 3/4 cup to ~4 cups IMBC.
Everyone loved it!

cylstrial Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:13am
post #7 of 8

I love blueberries! I think that sounds delicious! Especially with the lemon!

mbark Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:10am
post #8 of 8

thanks everyone for your responses! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%