Blueberry Filling?

Decorating By mbark Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 5:10am by mbark

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone tried any version of blueberry filling? My 6 year old wants it in his cake & I'm not sure it would taste good.

7 replies
SGordon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SGordon Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 8

A 6 year old talked me into making a cake with blueberry filling too. I made it with WASC for a baby shower. Believe it or not it was delicious and a big hit with everyone. I used a recipe from RecipeZaar for raspberry filling with berries, cornstarch, lemon juice, and sugar and just used blueberries instead. Good luck with your cake.

jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 8

I used blueberry pie filling on a cake one time as a special request and it was a huge hit....just an idea unless you're looking for a homemade recipe.

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 8

I did a blueberry filling, kind of a mix of both responses, I did the pie filling, cooked it down to be "spreadable" and added a bit of cornstarch so it thickened once in cake . I make it with a lemon cake, sounded strange my family gave me the "look" but it was great! icon_smile.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 8

Lemon, and blueberry go together perfectly. In fact whenever using bluberry add some lemon juice.

Mike

chleonard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chleonard Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 8

i made the winter blueberry topping in the cake bible and pureed with my food processor to make it more uniform.
i then added 3/4 cup to ~4 cups IMBC.
Everyone loved it!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 1:13am
post #7 of 8

I love blueberries! I think that sounds delicious! Especially with the lemon!

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:10am
post #8 of 8

thanks everyone for your responses! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%