Creating Half And Half Cake In One Pan

Decorating By UKCatCrazy Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 5:12pm by diane

UKCatCrazy Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 7

I am wanting a half white half chocolate cake, but would prefer to not use two 9x13 pans. Does anyone know if it is possible to bake both in one large pan?

6 replies
Doug Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 7

yes..

easy peasy

choose 1 of the following based on your level of coordination:

1. pour both batters in at same time -- choco at one end, white at other, letting them flow to the middle to meet.
    (not me! I'd have it any where but the pan!) (this is easy to do if have hubby or older child to do one side while you do the other)

2. tilt the pan on a rolled dish cloth -- pour in one batter. get other batter ready to pour. lay pan flat and pour. again they should meet in the middle
    (not me! ditto!)

3. make a divider out of aluminum foil and place in middle. pour one side. pour other side. remove divider.
    (my level of coordination!)

----

in any event for extra grins and giggles.

swirl about 3" wide center section of the batters together to make a 3 part cake: chocolate, marble and white.

have fun.

cheesecakes-galore Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, I have done that before. I made a divider (not aluminum though) which I pulled out before baking.
The last one I did though, I made a sheet cake out of 2 square 9" pans, and just cut about an some off of the cakes to make it as close to a sheetcake size as possible. You get a nice clean dividing line between the 2 flavors that way. Just put some icing in between and they stay put.

UKCatCrazy Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 7

Sounds simple enough... thanks!

mandysue Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 7

I do this all the time. I just pour chocolate in one end and then vanilla in the other end, then level them out. Once, I put chocolate on the bottom of the pan, then spread the vanilla on the top so they would get both flavors in each bite. You shouldn't have any trouble at all.

alvarezmom Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

#2 works for me. That's how I did the Strawberry Shortcake/Cars cake in my photos. Half was french vanilla and chocolate.

diane Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 7

check out this video!

icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%