How Do I Make This Dog?

Decorating By sew4children Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 4:53pm by Kiddiekakes

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone tell me how to make this dog, lead me to a thread or tutorial? I have a customer who found this cake and wants me to make it.
LL

4 replies
blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 5

ikd how to, but if you dont figure out how, you can buy it from kroger. they have them(little doggies) everyday.

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 5

My local walmart sells the same little dogs. I think they are two cupcakes and a ton of icing. I would go on a research mission and check it out.

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 5

It looks like one of those puppies they sell at walmart for $4.My daughter brought me home one just so she and I could dismantle it and figure out how they made it.Anyway turns out it was only 2 cupckes with a lot of icing piped on with a star tip.I made one of my own,it was pretty simple. I took the 2 cupcakes,wrapper removed, sitting straight up as normal,actually yours looks like it has more body so I would use 3 cupcakes,the 3rd I would cut into 3 sections straight up and down and add one piece for the head and the other two for his back legs and then just start icing with a star tip from the middle to the bottom,for middle I me like where if this was a real dog his spine would be, and you may need to build up his head a little more with icing to give it a round look and then pipe over it more with the stars.Once you get started you'll figure it out or someone else may have better directions for you.good luck!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 5

Yes..It is made with a few cupcakes and lots of icing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%